Sshh. Deep Sleep.

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

In the past Ford used their own branded batteries but no more. Same with the engine oil, they now use Castrol.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.

Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

Update. I'm waiting until Monday when the Ford technician is on a course about electric engines. The manager feels he might come back with an answer.
It seems Ford have admitted a major issue with the kuga battery across Europe so maybe a matter of time for our mystery to be confirmed.

Ford crc has taken a nose dive. My crm told me she isn't there to deal with my complaint. Just to relay the info she isn't getting from the dealer. Its an absolute farce because Ford UK say she is there to handle my complaint.

Swimming in mud it seems
robgee

Post by robgee »

Ask for the case to be raised to an escalation manager that's how i had to get my issues resolved, its a slightly different email address execoff1@ford.com
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

She mentioned she had done this today but I had no idea what it meant
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

The issue with Kuga is for the high voltage battery, not the 12 volt battery. It's completely different for forget that.
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

I wouldn't agree to a 6 day test for what is a £40 part. They've had it long enough now to diagnose the fault and anyway don't need Ford approval to replace the battery. Dealer should replace the battery and get the car back to you.
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

Update.

My car had been charged on the 6th April and to day I got a deep sleep alert. 6 days again like it was before. My car hasn't been youched since weds so it's deffo not my driving. For are sending a technician to look at it until next Tuesday
Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

I've had deep sleep issues as posted earlier gave my car a good run yesterday hoping that would charge the battery but 10 o'clock tonight another deep sleep warning why is the app taking so long to recognise problem my car was locked up at 6 pm but warning on app 10 pm
ST line X Agate Black 20.25 :D
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

Bluebrazil wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:35 pm I've had deep sleep issues as posted earlier gave my car a good run yesterday hoping that would charge the battery but 10 o'clock tonight another deep sleep warning why is the app taking so long to recognise problem my car was locked up at 6 pm but warning on app 10 pm
I've tried the long drive to charge. It didn't work.

I think driving the car charges it, but something is draining it. I believe the app didn't take a long time, because it wasnt depleted straight away. My car hadn't moved for 6 days but drained from a fully charged battery to deep sleep in that time.

I know some on here have said no but I think the app is partly responsible. How often does it connect to your car? How much does the telemetry unit need to work? All this started for me after I locked my car with it. I had no issues before then and had the car 11 months at that point.
Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

That's interesting my car is always connected to my phone app and the 4 hour delay before I get the deep sleep message certainly makes sense although I believe due to what I have read on this forum the rombat battery (which l have) is not up to the job I will book it into dealer to have an overnight trickle charge done Other people have said the varta battery solves the deep sleep issues
ST line X Agate Black 20.25 :D