Sshh. Deep Sleep.

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

Bluebrazil wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:31 pm Just got my car back yesterday after dealership had it for a fortnight awaiting a exhaust sensor (apparently was coming from the continent) I was talking to the service manager and told him a lot of people were having problems with their car going into deep sleep due to crap rombat battery he told me mine is a ford battery so should not have a problem. Sitting on chair tonight watching TV when my phone pings...... Sshh.deep sleep your car has turned off start/stop blah blah to conserve.......just out the garage after a fortnight and now this
:cry:
Oh no not another one!

Mike

Post by Mike »

I have just read through this thread and I feel for everyone who is having trouble , there has also been some good advise.
I would think a Ford technician would know how to check a battery and don’t understand why Ford are so resistant against replacing them.
My previous car sometimes didn’t get used for weeks and would still start 1st time so lack of use is garbage unless it has been parked up for ages, as long as there isn’t a drain on the battery everything should be ok and if deep sleep message appears after the car has been started and given a good run all should be well again.
I also wouldn’t allow my car to be used as a taxi and if you haven’t owned the car long put pressure on them to replace it or refund you.
I hope you all get a satisfactory resolution and can start enjoying your car.
If your ca r is on finance you could also get them involved since the car is technically theirs until paid for.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Bluebrazil wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:31 pm Just got my car back yesterday after dealership had it for a fortnight awaiting a exhaust sensor (apparently was coming from the continent) I was talking to the service manager and told him a lot of people were having problems with their car going into deep sleep due to crap rombat battery he told me mine is a ford battery so should not have a problem. Sitting on chair tonight watching TV when my phone pings...... Sshh.deep sleep your car has turned off start/stop blah blah to conserve.......just out the garage after a fortnight and now this
Have a look at the battery, People have only ever reported having Rombat or Varta batteries. I've not heard of them having a 'Ford' battery on here or any other forum.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

ST line X Agate Black 20.25 :D
Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

is this a ford battery or a rombatt
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Bluebrazil wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:38 pm is this a ford battery or a rombatt
Don't know, I can't see it.
Drag and drop the pic into the post, then click on 'Place inline'.
I'm guessing the confusion comes from them putting the Ford label on it with 'Rombat' written below the Ford bit.
Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

IMG_20210409_083540126.jpg

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

No label to be seen on my early 20 build. Can only assume it's a rombat.

PXL_20210409_160445241.jpg

NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Bluebrazil wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:59 pm IMG_20210409_083540126.jpg

That’s the same as mine.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

It's a Rombat....Here's mine with the bit they've removed....I find it really sad that the Technicians/Dealership don't know that it's a Rombat...Doesn't really instil confidence.

Rombat1..png