Sshh. Deep Sleep.

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

I appreciate sometimes a car needs to be road tested and is unavoidable, however I wouldn’t be happy, no actually I wouldn’t allow someone at Ford (whoever it may be) to use my car as their own personal hire/courtesy/taxi service to drive to/from work and who knows where else.....maybe a trip to the dump or even a game of golf!

How far away from the dealership do they live? Where would the car be parked overnight? How safe would it be?

1. They are adding mileage and thus reducing the value - especially if you are on a mileage limit on your purchase agreement.
2. They are running a higher risk of stone chips and accidents etc and I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t take ownership if that happened.
3. How careful would they be with it? We’ve all seen how some people treat courtesy cars! The manner of their driving, eating, drinking in there.

If the car “needs” to be driven as normal with no computer wizardry attached, I’d be doing the driving and then taking it back for their final analysis. If it needs to have some computer plugged in, I’d be doing the driving with some technician sat next to me.

If they refused and insisted on it being done their way, we’d be having a serious conversation regarding financial compensation, not just the offer of a complimentary service . Failing that we’d converse via a solicitor.

I’m annoyed at the suggestion of this by Ford and it’s not even my car!
Last edited by NeilS on Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Sorry, if I was in your position with the car off the road for so long, I'd reject it and get a full refund. I love my Puma, but, there are limits.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

Thank you both. I thought I was being a cry baby but you are both right. I've called the dealer and told them no, he isn't removing my car from the forecourt. And I've contacted Ford to tell them.off the ask and I'm waiting for my case manager to call me back.

I hare crying over a car
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

It has a rombat battery. Surprise hey?
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Stick to your guns on this.

Road test, yes. You can’t argue that if you want the problem fixed, but to expect someone to use it as their daily commute is too much.

I bought a new car for a number of reasons, knowing I was the first driver being one of them. I asked (and was told prior to collection) how many miles would be on the clock which I accepted as the road test/delivery mileage. The dealer even asked if I would allow him to put fuel in it prior to collection or whether I wanted to do it and he would pay.

Once the car has been used by others, it may as well be second hand or a rental. If that were the case, the price should reflect it.

for what it’s worth, I have a Rombat and other than the one “charging system service now” issue resolved, I been trouble free.
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

NeilS wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:24 pm Stick to your guns on this.

Road test, yes. You can’t argue that if you want the problem fixed, but to expect someone to use it as their daily commute is too much.

I bought a new car for a number of reasons, knowing I was the first driver being one of them. I asked (and was told prior to collection) how many miles would be on the clock which I accepted as the road test/delivery mileage. The dealer even asked if I would allow him to put fuel in it prior to collection or whether I wanted to do it and he would pay.

Once the car has been used by others, it may as well be second hand or a rental. If that were the case, the price should reflect it.

for what it’s worth, I have a Rombat and other than the one “charging system service now” issue resolved, I been trouble free.
Mine was brand new too. Being a single parent and working fulltime which includes 24hour oncalls I thought new would be reliable and stress free. I chose the puma because I had one back in 2002 and loved it so much. I am now regretting it... :cry:
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Hopefully they’ll resolve it so don’t lose heart or the will to fight it just yet.

I really don’t see what they hope to achieve. They can drive it every day for x amount of time and x amount of miles and have no issues. If they tell you that you’re not driving it enough (which a few of us have been told) it’s an absolute farce and the car wouldn’t be fit for purpose and they would be guilty of false advertising and representation.

If that were the case, none of us would be able to go on a two week holiday or risk getting ill and not able to drive for a period......oh wait......their solution would be to leave your car with someone to drive it for you! 😒
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

NeilS wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:40 pm Hopefully they’ll resolve it so don’t lose heart or the will to fight it just yet.

I really don’t see what they hope to achieve. They can drive it every day for x amount of time and x amount of miles and have no issues. If they tell you that you’re not driving it enough (which a few of us have been told) it’s an absolute farce and the car wouldn’t be fit for purpose and they would be guilty of false advertising and representation.

If that were the case, none of us would be able to go on a two week holiday or risk getting ill and not able to drive for a period......oh wait......their solution would be to leave your car with someone to drive it for you! 😒
That is my thought too and is a term I've used several times. I cycle to work when I can but it's not always practical and it is less than 4 miles so I need a car that can be driven city miles. I thought that was the point of hybrids??

Imight ask for an upgrade to the St as they ar petrol and the battery ssue will be solved. The difference should be compensation of course lol
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Exactly. In the grand scheme of things, it’s nothing to Ford however if you were inclined, a few factual posts to social media/news would soon get their attention as negative advertising can have a massive effect.
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

NeilS wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:00 pm Exactly. In the grand scheme of things, it’s nothing to Ford however if you were inclined, a few factual posts to social media/news would soon get their attention as negative advertising can have a massive effect.
Have considered posting to twitter as Ford were very quick to respond when I ordered the car and I was excited about it....