Sshh. Deep Sleep.

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

Oops, just got the dreaded Sshh deep sleep message, this is crap, the cars only sat idle for a couple of days, only had the car just over bloomin three weeks, here we go....πŸ˜ πŸ‘Ž
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue

NeilS

Post by NeilS »

As frustrating as it may be, if the car unlocks, starts and drives with no warnings or errors, then don’t worry about it.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

Thanks Neil, just ordered a new smart charger, will probably hook it up when I'm not going to be using it for a few days πŸ‘if it continues I'm going to whip it out if I can get the right Varta part No., I know there's a lot of different batteries for s/s cars just need to get the right one. πŸ‘
Deleted User 702

Post by Deleted User 702 »

No way should you have to charge a modern battery in the summer unless the car is laid up for long periods.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

BjNtheBear wrote: ↑Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:30 am Thanks Neil, just ordered a new smart charger, will probably hook it up when I'm not going to be using it for a few days πŸ‘if it continues I'm going to whip it out if I can get the right Varta part No., I know there's a lot of different batteries for s/s cars just need to get the right one. πŸ‘
It's not difficult to find the right battery...https://www.batterymegastore.co.uk/batt ... rm=bt20wrp

That said, Dealer had mine over night, did some software updates, trickle charged and conditioned the Rombat and I've had no problems since. It's not used any more than when I had the problems. We'll see if things come back in the Winter, but, for now all OK. :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

JFDIT wrote: ↑Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:45 am No way should you have to charge a modern battery in the summer unless the car is laid up for long periods.
Agreed, so something seriously wrong with these Rombats (familiar threadπŸ˜‰) I'll check voltage on battery with my trusted Fluke later on, out and about at the mo πŸ‘
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

Sparks wrote: ↑Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:04 pm
BjNtheBear wrote: ↑Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:30 am Thanks Neil, just ordered a new smart charger, will probably hook it up when I'm not going to be using it for a few days πŸ‘if it continues I'm going to whip it out if I can get the right Varta part No., I know there's a lot of different batteries for s/s cars just need to get the right one. πŸ‘
It's not difficult to find the right battery...https://www.batterymegastore.co.uk/batt ... rm=bt20wrp

That said, Dealer had mine over night, did some software updates, trickle charged and conditioned the Rombat and I've had no problems since. It's not used any more than when I had the problems. We'll see if things come back in the Winter, but, for now all OK. :D
Hi Sparks, get what you're saying but I'd rather not lose my car for a day or two for the sake of a battery charge as for updates.... I spent my first two days with the car doin bloomin updates πŸ˜²πŸ˜‰ I'll check your link out, thanks for that, just wanted a part No. from peeps that have swapped over to get the correct fitment. πŸ‘πŸ˜€
Deleted User 702

Post by Deleted User 702 »

Just checked my Rombat with my new multimeter.
When I set off this morning car was in deep sleep. After 190 mile fast run:
Engine Off Ignition Off -
ETM Battery said 11.8v and multimeter recorded 12.4v
Engine Running -
ETM Battery said 14.4v and multimeter recorded 14.5v

I'll check it over the course of the next few days to see if it drops.

1 hour at rest and Battery voltage dropped to 12.19v....

Checked this morning having rested the Battery overnight and multimeter reading is 11.9v. Not good.
Last edited by Deleted User 702 on Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

Hi all, so looking at the link @sparks I'm looking at Varta N60 blue dynamic? Anyone confirm? πŸ‘
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

I haven't had a battery warning for a few weeks now (ford pass) since I reset the battery monitor. I'm struggling to get the car into ET mode at the moment to see what the car thinks the voltage reading is. I've used the car in exactly the same way as before and my battery is a rombat.