Sshh. Deep Sleep.

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
alanp

Post by alanp »

Mine still comes up with system off to save battery, I drive 18 miles a day but, according to the dealer, is not enough, mines had an overnight trickle charge as this is a workaround, but I’m lucky enough to have a garage
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything

NeilS

Post by NeilS »

I don’t think any of us bought our cars with the expectation of us having to trickle charge the battery - not on a new, expensive car.

That is not an acceptable solution to the problem in my opinion.

Ford won’t take decisive action if owners aren’t constantly on their cases.

I have a Rombat. I’ve not driven or started my car for two and a half weeks, and (not wanting to tempt fate but) I’ve had no deep sleep or other warnings.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

I agree neils it's not acceptable in a new car to be charging it every night when its sold as self charging
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

It seems the Rombat is not up to the job. It's ok as a starter battery but the Puma has so much tech with stuff using power in the background something more robust is required. That means more cost so Ford won't approve. A lot more owners will have to complain direct rather than go through the dealer who mostly want to trickle charge overnight and tell you to drive more. A ridiculous response. Also there is now an enormous amount of second hand Pumas in the dealerships. Makes you wonder.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Surely any dealership wouldn’t try to dismiss what needs doing if they are going to charge Ford for whatever work they undertake whilst under warranty. I understand they will need authority but if the dealership says it needs X,Y or Z Ford shouldn’t argue?
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

Would be interesting to know how many cars have a rombat problem vs no problem to get a % problem rate

Surely the dealers would be full of cars being trickle charged if the % was significant (given number of cars sold)

Obviously from an ownership point of view 0% is what we would all want
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

Need a twitter poll to find out
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I'm not sure what the dealers problem is, the battery is covered by warranty.

BatWarranty.png

Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

Probably comes down to reputation. I'm picking mine up tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Just hope the problem.is fixed
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

My email to Ford crc today:

I have just been to the dealer and collected my car. The stop start feature isn't working so may need to go back to have it looked at. 

I have no paperwork to inform Mr off what has been done to my vehicle despite asking for some when I collected it. 

The car is filthy. Inside and out. Considering we are in the middle of a pandemic I would have expected at least a courtesy clean of touch points before handing it back. To protect your staff it should've been wiped for them too. Please see the photo attached for the dirt on the outside. The dealer have said they should've cleaned it and will do if it goes back to them. I expect to hear more on Tuesday. 

I have reviewed the Ford website to see what extras are available to purchase for the car with the voucher offered and there is nothing I would want except a tow bar and/or cycle carrier. I have looked at other companies and would be willing to purchase my own carrier so I asked the dealer for a tow bar quote c£1000. That is absolutely disgusting.

Right now I am livid about the whole experience which has been ongoing since the end of February and insulted with the goodwill gesture of a mere £300 which will probably only be redeemable direct with a ford dealer.