Sshh. Deep Sleep.

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Message in the App...

'Sshh. Your Ford is in Deep Sleep mode at the moment. That's why connectivity is turned off.
But if you'd like to wake it up. just turn your vehicle on manually.'

Apparently to conserve battery life remote lock/unlock are temporarily unavailable. This happens automatically when you haven't started your vehicle for a period of time.
I don't understand this as the message is there after a run out (albeit a short one). Wondering if it's anything to do with the cold weather, or, am I getting early signs of the Rumanian battery problem?
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

You had the blower on full blast / heating Hi / comfort pack on, making sure everything nice and toasty before a little journey?

I've not even lifted the bonnet yet to see if I have a Romulan battery.
https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

sinlessUK wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:51 pm You had the blower on full blast / heating Hi / comfort pack on, making sure everything nice and toasty before a little journey?

I've not even lifted the bonnet yet to see if I have a Romulan battery.
No comfort pack and not had heating on Hi. Not one of those southern jessies.... :D
I'm guessing at the battery, I haven't looked at it, it wasn't near the washer fill spout....
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Sparks wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:06 pm No comfort pack and not had heating on Hi. Not one of those southern jessies.... :D
I'm guessing at the battery, I haven't looked at it, it wasn't near the washer fill spout....
Your wombats knackered.... 🔋🤒
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Wdf76 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:12 pm
Sparks wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:06 pm No comfort pack and not had heating on Hi. Not one of those southern jessies.... :D
Your wombats knackered.... 🔋🤒
:lol: :lol: We'll see....took it out for a run earlier and it's stayed awake this time....Fingers crossed.
paulcurtis

Post by paulcurtis »

Bliddy cheek :lol: I'll have you know it got down to an arctic -1 last night on the south coast.
2020 Puma ST-Line X Vignale 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Black
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

paulcurtis wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:58 pm
Bliddy cheek :lol: I'll have you know it got down to an arctic -1 last night on the south coast.
Another sign of Global Warming!...Not sure that would have triggered the heating thermostat here... :D
paulcurtis

Post by paulcurtis »

:lol:
2020 Puma ST-Line X Vignale 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Black
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I'm still getting this message, even after a run. Seems to have no effect other than stopping the remote start function, which I never use. I'm going to book it in once the country opens up a bit.
Gasman

Post by Gasman »

Booked the car in tomorrow because of deep sleep issues even after a long run it’s still showing the warning. When the dealership rang earlier they said that the car was also due a recall for a cap that is missing from something. Unfortunately because the missing part is on back order and they don’t know when it will be done so yet another trip back to the dealership this will now be the fourth visit with faults on the car. Not really amused