Sshh. Deep Sleep.

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
simesa

Post by simesa »

I spoke to the dealer - built end Feb 2020. Registered Sept 2020. I got a big chunk off the price I was due to pay at the time.
Garage conceding there's a chance it might have not be kept topped up (wasn't their branch) but the tests last week were showing it was okay - but he was surprised it's at 12.2v

Going to drive for 2 weeks and keep a note of voltage each time. Also, they claim it's got all the software updates but the speed sign camera rarely gets anything right so it's going to go back for that at some point too. I can't see if that's true on the Ford website though..

Chocky

Post by Chocky »

Recording the voltage during your drive is not much use. Better to record the voltage each side of your journey :-

Time since last engine off, voltage, driving time, voltage

To the nearest 15 minutes will be ok and always take voltage readings with ignition on but engine off. Puts some loads on like full beam lights or fan. You can then use this data to see how knackered the battery is.
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

Hi everyone

The Ford field engineer has been to see my vehicle (its been at the dealer since 1st april - its 3rd visit since end of feb) and guess what. No fault found. But they are changing the battery which will take another couple of days. I've emailed Ford and told them how extremely unhappy I am that it's taken 3 weeks to do what I said in the first place. I'm.hoping to get a towbar and cycle rack out of them as compensation
Mike

Post by Mike »

Is there a way to view battery volts on the dash ?
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Mike wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:18 pm Is there a way to view battery volts on the dash ?
Not that I've found, but it would be a good addition... :)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Pumanic wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:09 pm Hi everyone

The Ford field engineer has been to see my vehicle (its been at the dealer since 1st april - its 3rd visit since end of feb) and guess what. No fault found. But they are changing the battery which will take another couple of days. I've emailed Ford and told them how extremely unhappy I am that it's taken 3 weeks to do what I said in the first place. I'm hoping to get a towbar and cycle rack out of them as compensation
Good luck, hope you get your Tow bar and rack. I guess they don't want to make any official statement about the batteries as they may have to change them all if they are found to be faulty.
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

Sparks wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:19 pm

The Ford field engineer has been to see my vehicle (its been at the dealer since 1st april - its 3rd visit since end of feb) and guess what. No fault found. But they are changing the battery which will take another couple of days. I've emailed Ford and told them how extremely unhappy I am that it's taken 3 weeks to do what I said in the first place. I'm hoping to get a towbar and cycle rack out of them as compensation
Good luck, hope you get your Tow bar and rack. I guess they don't want to make any official statement about the batteries as they may have to change them all if they are found to be faulty.
Well after a 3 day stay at the dealer they offered me a free service at 4 years. I figure this is worth a lot more now. Nothing to lose but fingers crossed I get my car back saturday
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Pumanic wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:39 am
Sparks wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:19 pm

Well after a 3 day stay at the dealer they offered me a free service at 4 years. I figure this is worth a lot more now. Nothing to lose but fingers crossed I get my car back saturday
Tell them you won't have it in 4 years time and if they don't pull their finger out it won't be a Ford you will be driving.. ;) Not that I think they'll be bothered. The 4 year service is offered because they are betting you won't have it then. :lol:
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

So no fault found yesterday but 3 messages in 2 hours today about entering deep sleep. I believe they have moved my car around the Dealers but fingers crossed they haven't put the new battery in or its going to get more painful.

Also had a new message about tyre pressures which I haven't had before. Could just be due to not being driven much for weeks
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Why did they not offer your first service at 2yrs, do you have a service plan already?