Sshh. Deep Sleep.

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

F-150 trucks in the US had battery faults producing Deep Sleep. a software update apparently cured it.
Mine hasn't acted up since they gave it a 24hour trickle charge. It hasn't done a lot of mileage since then and has been sat for days at a time, so, I'm not running with the 'Drive it more' theory.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

I don't believe it's a "drive it more issue" I think the rombat isn't fit for purpose. I'm waiting to see what happens with my varta. I'm not changing my driving pattern to keep a battery charged. It's better for my health and the environment if I continue to cycle when I want and drive less
dartiss

Post by dartiss »

Puma went in today and... they've swapped the battery out which they said had "failed". My car is a year old with 4.5k on the clock.

More information, if I get it.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155PS (+factory fit extras) in Fantastic Red
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

dartiss wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:44 pm Puma went in today and... they've swapped the battery out which they said had "failed". My car is a year old with 4.5k on the clock.

More information, if I get it.
Obviously rubbish batteries.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Deleted User 702

Post by Deleted User 702 »

Oh dear, I've been getting the warning "System off to Save Battery" recently on the Sync 3 screen when getting in the car. And today had two warnings on Ford Pass app that the car is in deep sleep. Went into ETM mode and checked the battery - reported battery voltage as 11.2. With engine off and 14.3ish when running. Unfortunately my multimeter is broken so I can't confirm results. Given the car has done 450 miles in the last 7 days I'm surprised. Booked in with dealer in a couple of weeks time. The car is a Jan21 build, built to order with a Rombat battery.
Question: has anyone had these issues continue after fitting a Varta Battery?
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

Could someone who has had the Rombat swapped over for the Varta please post the type/model #, it would be helpful to source/price a proper replacement battery, I've not had this problem yet but after reading some posts with peeps flaffing about with dealers/service dept's think I'd rather pop a new one in and save the hassle, unless of course they're mega expensive ;) :)
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Lots of owners get the same save battery message and other warnings yet the cars seem to start ok. It's frustrating and another demo that Ford have plenty to straighten out.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Deleted User 702

I wouldn't mind if it was just a false positive warning, but various functions start to close down as a result.
If we could get confirmation that a replacement Varta battery has actually fixed the issue then it would suggest it is the battery rather than software or other electronic component at fault.
robgee

Post by robgee »

JFDIT wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:01 pm Oh dear, I've been getting the warning "System off to Save Battery" recently on the Sync 3 screen when getting in the car. And today had two warnings on Ford Pass app that the car is in deep sleep. Went into ETM mode and checked the battery - reported battery voltage as 11.2. With engine off and 14.3ish when running. Unfortunately my multimeter is broken so I can't confirm results. Given the car has done 450 miles in the last 7 days I'm surprised. Booked in with dealer in a couple of weeks time. The car is a Jan21 build, built to order with a Rombat battery.
Question: has anyone had these issues continue after fitting a Varta Battery?
Sure i saw it posted somewhere but how do you go into ETM mode ?
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Deleted User 702