Sshh. Deep Sleep.

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Seems my theory has been blown..... :lol:
Last edited by Sparks on Thu May 20, 2021 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Another thing this has reminded me about.

We went abroad for five weeks and my Focus key fob went into deep sleep. When I got back to the airport at 2am I had to remove the key from the fob and open the door manually. Once inside the car powered up fine.

Just a heads up in case this happens to anyone.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
dartiss

Post by dartiss »

After a year of ownership I'm now on the receiving end of this. Every journey, no matter how long and battery-friendly, leads to a deep sleep.

I'm going to start badgering my dealership over the next week and I'll report back here if the outcome is any different to a battery swap-out.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155PS (+factory fit extras) in Fantastic Red
robgee

Post by robgee »

Yes the last month or so mine has been doing this as well, i though it might be just to the short trips i had been doing but guess i thought wrong.
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

I've been warning free for a few weeks now. Perhaps I've been putting a decent load on the 12v system as my wipers and lights have been working hard all month long.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Surely the load should not matter if the car is used regularly for differing journeys. I'm convinced the battery is a cheapo, probably a fiver to Ford.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
DesertIslandBlue

Post by DesertIslandBlue »

Has anyone been able to prove it only applies to the 12v battery?
Just wondering aloud as the 48v system requires a slightly modified driving technique to regen this battery properly…
ST Line X mHEV 125 Desert Island Blue DAP+CP+HFPT
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Chocky will be along shortly but yeah 12v only I think as this side of the system powers the modem and ancillary systems etc.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

What a complete load of tosh. The software or maybe the battery on this car is not fit for purpose. Took it out for a long drive, parked up and immediately goes into sleep mode. Making the Fordpass app unusable.
I have an ST so for those of you it's the 12V battery or the software behind it that's the problem Obviously I don't have any other batteries not being a hybrid.
To clever for its own good in my opinion. I will get onto my dealer next week.
Still not as bad as the Tesla, re James May's car, if you don't use it (the car) for long periods the aux battery dies, even whilst on charge, making it impossible to unlock doors. Access to the aux battery in the Tesla is apparently a major strip down, bonkers or what!
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Rays1 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:36 am What a complete load of tosh. The software or maybe the battery on this car is not fit for purpose. Took it out for a long drive, parked up and immediately goes into sleep mode. Making the Fordpass app unusable.
I have an ST so for those of you it's the 12V battery or the software behind it that's the problem Obviously I don't have any other batteries not being a hybrid.
To clever for its own good in my opinion. I will get onto my dealer next week.
Still not as bad as the Tesla, re James May's car, if you don't use it (the car) for long periods the aux battery dies, even whilst on charge, making it impossible to unlock doors. Access to the aux battery in the Tesla is apparently a major strip down, bonkers or what!
IMO It's the battery and the dealer will probably keep it overnight to trickle charge it. This may or may not alleviate the problem for a while.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.