Sshh. Deep Sleep.

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I have to admit, since they had my car in for a couple of days and recharged the battery, everything has been OK. I have a theory, feel free to shoot it down, do those with battery problems, deep sleep etc, have cars that were already in stock. Meaning they had been sitting in the storage yards/fields for some time? Mine for instance was manufactured at the end of December and I got it in August. Only 7 miles on the clock, so it hadn't been anywhere.
That can't have done the battery any good and if they just gave it a quick charge to hand it over etc, it's no wonder it needed seeing to later.
Of course this theory would only have merit if no one with a factory order had the problems.....
If you followed that,............any thoughts?
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

alanp

Post by alanp »

I posted about this theory a bit back, mine was an ex demo, bought just before 1st lockdown and was sat in dealers compound for a couple of months, I suspect the battery went completely flat and damaged it , a quick charge up to start it just as we collected it, we had to do all the paperwork over the phone sat in the car, the battery shut down message came up, of course it’s all theory but I suspect I’m not far off…
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Anything's possible, as is the possibility that these rombats have been sat on the shelf for an age.

Perhaps someone from FoMoCo rang Mr Rombat and said 'hey, Mr Rombat we're building this new car at a newly commissioned factory, but we're a bit short of batteries.'

And Mr Rombat replied, 'hey my friends.... No problem, I have 5000 sat on the shelves at my place, no one seems to want them but I don't know why. You are welcome to them, cheep price, cushdy, lovely jubbly'......

Just a theory.
Last edited by Wdf76 on Wed May 19, 2021 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

I received my car with 6 miles on the clock in March 2020 and had it for 11 months before my issue started. My friend has only had hers for a couple of months (as mine started having issues she purchased hers) and it had been used by the dealership for a couple of months prior to her

Why would mine take 11 months to show a problem if it was due to being left standing after production?
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Pumanic wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 6:04 pm I received my car with 6 miles on the clock in March 2020 and had it for 11 months before my issue started. My friend has only had hers for a couple of months (as mine started having issues she purchased hers) and it had been used by the dealership for a couple of months prior to her

Why would mine take 11 months to show a problem if it was due to being left standing after production?
No idea.. :?
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Rossberg

Post by Rossberg »

Mine was made in November 2020 with Rombat battery and I picked it up a little over a week ago. I noticed the start-stop system was not working initially. By coincidence, I saw a Ford technician on youtube explaining that you need to put a load on the battery while driving (e.g. lights, heater etc) to charge it up. So I did that on a long drive and now my start-stop works fine. No other problems so far, but I will have to park my car up in June for about 7 weeks so I'll report back if any problems emerge.
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

So my car had ✅ approx 3000 miles when I started to notice an issue. My friend has ✅ roughly 3000 in hers now and hers is bring charged tonight.

Anyone else think theirs started at roughly 3000 miles?

Ps my heaters are always on and my head lights are always on at least as sidelights
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

My Focus had stop start and to be honest, with lockdown and not doing so many long trips, the battery would not support the stop/start for quite a few weeks. Once I got going again it started to work. Sometimes just switching off the air con would save enough power for it to kick in again.

Lockdown and winter hasn't helped at all. Plus modern motors ask a lot of the batteries.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

I first got deep sleep warning at 3200 miles only after coming out of ford garage after it had been in for unrelated repair for 10 days. l phoned garage who advised that it only needed a good run if that didn't work they would put it on a trickle charge overnight I was a bit sceptical but after a good run all seems to be alright that was 2 months ago.btw the fault only came up on ford pass not on car I have the rombat battery.
ST line X Agate Black 20.25 :D
DesertIslandBlue

Post by DesertIslandBlue »

I had a factory fresh Puma and the first deep sleep happened at 175miles, and again at 300 miles. Both times the car had been sitting unused for a fortnight (and over the coldest months) - seems for me that I need to use the car at least once every 14 days to stop it happening?
WFH and only covered 660 miles since the end of October...
ST Line X mHEV 125 Desert Island Blue DAP+CP+HFPT