Sshh. Deep Sleep.

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

There’s no harm, they can’t exactly refuse to rectify any problem just because you’ve aired your experience - as long as it’s factual they have no recourse.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,

Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

Done it
In response to a puma st tweet
"Not currently in love with my puma hybrid - 7 days in to its 3rd garage visit for an undetermined fault and the prospect of at least a further week - maybe the petrol engine would be more reliable???"
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

I’d have gone as far as mentioning a further week whilst it being used as a run around for the manager.
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

NeilS wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:39 pm I’d have gone as far as mentioning a further week whilst it being used as a run around for the manager.
Hehe. I called and made it clear the car wasn't to leave the garage until my Ford case manager has been in touch. I've taken a screenshot of the Ford app odometer and location screen as evidence
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Sounds like it could be ombudsman time for you. The whole episode sound ridiculous. Ford customer services are not the greatest when it comes to help and advice and will usually side with the dealer. You need some recompense when this is done like a tank of fuel, 1st service free, maybe a set of quality mats. Always worth a try. They are not keen on bad publicity and then there are others dealers who may be more helpful. I've found this out through personal experience. Your battery will have this label on it. Made in Romania and called a Rombatt. Good luck and keep the forum posted.

IMG20210320102844.jpg

Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

I already have 2 free services. One at year 2 and one at year 4. I said to case manager you are assuming I still have the car at the end of the month at this rate.

I will see what Ford say tomorrow then I will be taking it further if still being fobbed off.

Thank you everyone for the support
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

My battery says HEWLA ROM but doesn’t have the “Rombat” wording. I’m assuming it’s still a Rombat?

Free services, mats, tank of fuel etc, doesn’t make up for the problems, let alone handing the car over to someone to drive it as they please for a week at your detriment.

For that, I’d be looking for all of the above plus new tyres, brakes, and a full detail on the paintwork - in short, I’d want it back better than how it was supplied new!
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

Pumanic wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:10 pm Done it
In response to a puma st tweet
"Not currently in love with my puma hybrid - 7 days in to its 3rd garage visit for an undetermined fault and the prospect of at least a further week - maybe the petrol engine would be more reliable???"
@forduk have tweeted back and asked me to dm them. They have started following me. I've sent a long message that also included the request for the manager to commute in my car and the fact noone told me for a year about a recall for the airbags
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Good on you.

Keep us updated.
Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

Just got my car back yesterday after dealership had it for a fortnight awaiting a exhaust sensor (apparently was coming from the continent) I was talking to the service manager and told him a lot of people were having problems with their car going into deep sleep due to crap rombat battery he told me mine is a ford battery so should not have a problem. Sitting on chair tonight watching TV when my phone pings...... Sshh.deep sleep your car has turned off start/stop blah blah to conserve.......just out the garage after a fortnight and now this
ST line X Agate Black 20.25 :D