Sshh. Deep Sleep.

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Dermo ASTX

Post by Dermo ASTX »

I have my Puma for about 3 months and over here in the "small" Island after reading about the Rombat battery I had this error a few times. I contacted dealer and they replaced the battery with a Varta one. They had no problem with replacing it so it would suggest that Ford are aware of the problem but hoping not to replace "all" of the Rombats
Agate Black ST Line-X with loads of Toys not heated seats though :shock:

simesa

Post by simesa »

So mine is in for the third time with the battery issue.

2nd time they ran a conditioning run on it, said it was fine then within 2 days it was back to 12.1v

This time they did the same they made me go back (2hr round trip) and got me to disconnect my Nextbase camera connection to the fuse box and earth (even though I have deliberately not had the camera on its mount for months just in case it was the problem).

They’re saying it’s now holding its full charge. I can’t see a way that the power cable with no camera connected can cause battery drain - and always to 12.1 v…

Given I ran a proper charger on it myself and as soon as I drove it the battery hit 12.1 v I can’t see it being anything other than either the battery or the charging system at fault?

I’m collecting tomorrow and will bet it’s back to where it was within a few days!
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Just had my first deep sleep message at 3900 miles. If my battery is low then it’s no way due to the type of driving I do.

Mine is going in for some paintwork issues next week and the rear discs checking. I’ve now added this to the list of things for them to sort.

Not much point in having a connected car if it won’t connect due to rubbish batteries.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Just checked my battery after two 5.5 mile runs to B&Q and back home.

After the first run it went straight back into sleep mode whilst I was in the shop. I then drove home and checked the battery level on the ETM screen - 11.7v

Then it’s straight back into sleep mode.
Last edited by Stoopo on Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

15675437-9242-4F92-8673-BE4831B7E6CC.jpeg

So the question is do I tell the dealership that I’ve accessed the ETM mode or will that give them some get out of jail card?

I took a picture of the screen and was thinking of forwarding it to them. 🤔
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Send them the picture, it's proof you still have the problem.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

My wombat reports 11.3v in ETM

Only real problem I’m seeing though is it takes a few miles until start/stop is active

Not seen a deep sleep message yet (and all the remote stuff is still working fine) but maybe it’s just a case of when not if
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

tonyt2021 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:06 pm My wombat reports 11.3v in ETM

Only real problem I’m seeing though is it takes a few miles until start/stop is active

Not seen a deep sleep message yet (and all the remote stuff is still working fine) but maybe it’s just a case of when not if
I don’t thinks start stop is an issue with the hybrids like mine because the 48v battery powers that. It certainly worked both trips for me this morning.

The issue is the 12v battery is not holding its power I think. I went on two decent runs yesterday so no way should the battery be discharging overnight. Once it goes into deep sleep in renders the Ford App useless.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Ford app was already useless before deep sleep.

I don't look at it, therefore get no warnings. My 12v 🔋 is crap but every morning I go out it starts. I can live with that.
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

It just seems odd that if the deep sleep is a product of a poor 12v battery I don’t get the warning at 11.3v. Maybe only hybrids get deep sleep messages