Sshh. Deep Sleep.

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Wdf76 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:16 pm Ford app was already useless before deep sleep.

I don't look at it, therefore get no warnings. My 12v 🔋 is crap but every morning I go out it starts. I can live with that.
I find the app has been fine since the last update. I like the fact it records my journeys, I can unlock and lock the car from distance and also the guard mode (although that can be a pain at times).

Each to their own but my view is if it’s there then I use it and it should therefore work.

Mind you I got a message in Greek yesterday - then another one apologising for it. Ford Pass at its finest.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.

Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

tonyt2021 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:22 pm It just seems odd that if the deep sleep is a product of a poor 12v battery I don’t get the warning at 11.3v. Maybe only hybrids get deep sleep messages
Do you use the Ford Pass app?
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

Stoopo wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:25 pm
tonyt2021 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:22 pm It just seems odd that if the deep sleep is a product of a poor 12v battery I don’t get the warning at 11.3v. Maybe only hybrids get deep sleep messages
Do you use the Ford Pass app?
Yes, working fine (including guard mode)
Tommo56

Post by Tommo56 »

Ye gods..... I've just read all 26 pages of this thread and I feel deflated, and I haven't even picked my new car up yet (that's tomorrow, 100 mile round trip so I hope I don't have to travel to the dealership too often for ANY reason !!!)

But in regard to the suspect Rombat battery saga... am I right in assuming it is just an ordinary 12 volt, 60-ish amp car battery located under the bonnet? If so, could you not simply buy a new (Varta) battery and fit it? Or is it a special that costs a fortune? Or are there issues involving all the electronics the Puma has.

The issue here in this thread seems more to revolve around getting the dealership to replace the Rombat with a Varta under the 3 year warranty, or am I again missing a point.

I really, really hope my new car has a Varta battery. I have a Ford dealership on my doorstep, but its just the car/spec I wanted was in stock at a dealership 50 miles away, on a very good deal.

BTW..... where is the MHEV 48V battery physically located within the Puma.
2021.75 Puma, STLineX Vignale, MHEV, 155bhp, 7spDCT, Fantastic Red.
Winter pack, Massage seats, B&O audio, Fixed LED headlights - all standard AFAIK. Accessories fitted: "AAWireless" Android Auto, rubber floor and megabox mats.
robgee

Post by robgee »

Mine did show the issue for about a month , but it has now disappeared so not sure if was updates over wifi or an update to the fordpass app that made it go . I wouldn't worry to much and enjoy the car.
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Don't be deflated. It's all good. Ignore Ford Pass. If your car starts, you're good to go.

You may replace the rombat (if fitted), however we have seen problems with deep sleep for a forum member with a Varta installed. It's purely down to the charging strategy and software used to control this. Someone stated that Ford had rectified this on other mild hybrids, you may well find that you don't have this issue.

I've had mine for 18 months. I have a rombat. I get periods of no warnings followed by periods of daily warnings. My Puma had never failed to start. It sat for weeks at a time during lockdown 1.0

Before you collect make sure you're happy with build quality, paint, fixtures and fittings. All the usual stuff.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Tommo56 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:32 pm Ye gods..... I've just read all 26 pages of this thread and I feel deflated, and I haven't even picked my new car up yet (that's tomorrow, 100 mile round trip so I hope I don't have to travel to the dealership too often for ANY reason !!!)

But in regard to the suspect Rombat battery saga... am I right in assuming it is just an ordinary 12 volt, 60-ish amp car battery located under the bonnet? If so, could you not simply buy a new (Varta) battery and fit it? Or is it a special that costs a fortune? Or are there issues involving all the electronics the Puma has.

The issue here in this thread seems more to revolve around getting the dealership to replace the Rombat with a Varta under the 3 year warranty, or am I again missing a point.

I really, really hope my new car has a Varta battery. I have a Ford dealership on my doorstep, but its just the car/spec I wanted was in stock at a dealership 50 miles away, on a very good deal.

BTW..... where is the MHEV 48V battery physically located within the Puma.
Yes it’s more about getting the dealers/Ford to accept there is a fault. Luckily my dealership is pretty good but I’ll see how they react to this problem.

I’ve heard some new Pumas have Vartas fitted so fingers crossed. My concern is it might be something else causing this as someone on the thread had a Varta fitted and the issue came back.

As for dealerships - if it’s under warranty you can go to any Ford dealership.

The 48v battery is under one of the front seats I think. Certainly in later models.
Tommo56

Post by Tommo56 »

Thanks for the replies. Very much appreciated. I'm looking forward to picking it up (one more sleep). I'll let you know what battery make it has once its home. I'll pop a photo on the gallery too while it's still clean. ;-)
2021.75 Puma, STLineX Vignale, MHEV, 155bhp, 7spDCT, Fantastic Red.
Winter pack, Massage seats, B&O audio, Fixed LED headlights - all standard AFAIK. Accessories fitted: "AAWireless" Android Auto, rubber floor and megabox mats.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

That's the spirit. Drive the wheels off it, they love to rev, pick up quickly enough, thrum along quite happily @75 and are nice and comfy. Sure you'll love it. 👍
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

It’s not just the app that’s affected though. Little things like the parking bleepers sound much quieter and the warning to switch off the engine didn’t activate when I unclipped my seatbelt.

Not sure what other features have become disabled to be honest. I’ll be pushing for a remedy for sure.