Sshh. Deep Sleep.

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
simesa

Post by simesa »

The Noco5 thinks the battery is charged - it’s now in its maintain mode but still getting 12.1v (I’m using a cigarette lighter unit which I’ve double checked on my parents car - reads 12.6 on theirs). Am I right thinking that the battery is probably just knackered and won’t take more charge up to 12.6 making the Noco think it’s full?

The Noco handbook suggests removing the battery to avoid damage to car electronics if I use the repair mode, but don’t want to do that - just covering their backs or a real risk of blowing something up?!

As it is I now know via Etis that the battery software update hasn’t been done even though it was in for the battery to be looked at, so need to go back to the garage anyway - plus the speed sign camera update which wasnt done either…

BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

Have you tried connecting the positive battery terminal and the chassis negative with the leads to charge it that way?
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue
simesa

Post by simesa »

Is the chassis negative just behind to the right of the battery? Sorry bit useless with car mechanics!

Also - earlier on there is a mention of diagnostic mode for the car by hold ok on wheel
, pressing engine start and keep hold of ok.. mine just loops around messages that full accessory power and seatbelts are fine.
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

simesa wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:37 pm Is the chassis negative just behind to the right of the battery? Sorry bit useless with car mechanics!

Also - earlier on there is a mention of diagnostic mode for the car by hold ok on wheel
, pressing engine start and keep hold of ok.. mine just loops around messages that full accessory power and seatbelts are fine.
Yep that's you'll see the negative post with a short cable connected to the car chassis that's where you want it, stick the positive lead on first then negative, after charging take the negative off first then the positive, remember to switch noco off first before disconnecting 👍 easy as pie 👍

Re et mode keep pressing ok then press start button once with foot off clutch, when you get mode up on drivers display let go of ok and toggle up or down till you get battery volts 👍
simesa

Post by simesa »

Thanks for the help.

Battery no more charged than 18 hrs ago - Can’t see my garage having any option but to replace it!
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

Good luck, keep us updated 👍
STer

Post by STer »

The problem may not be as widespread as feared.
For eg, today, out walking a dog, a couple got out of a '20 plate (so an earlier model) St Line, red Puma. I said 'Sssh. Deep Sleep', and they clearly didn't seem to know what I was on about as i walked past.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

I'd imagine it's widespread, but if you don't use the app or have it installed you'll be unaware.
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

Hi everyone.

Since having my rombat changed to varta in April I have had no further battery issues

Today I got my car back after a towbar and cycle rack have been fully fitted by Ford (compensation for 2 months stress, inappropriately apportioned blame and 4 garage trips amount to 4 weeks out of action) and it is amazing. I am impressed with how the towbar is easy to use and how the car responds to having it fitted. Looking forward to taking the bikes out tomorrow. I'm so glad it went to Ford and not am independent garage for a cheaper installation. They also fixed a few minor issues whilst it was there. My first good experience with Ford through out this rocky time
Deleted User 702

Post by Deleted User 702 »

Car went into Dealers today for low battery warning problem previously commented on in this thread. Apparently no excessive drain was found so they kindly replaced Rombat battery with new Varta. Tested it when I got home and shows 12.67v. So far so good

PXL_20210712_162121580.jpg