Sshh. Deep Sleep.

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

Sparks wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:03 pm Not long had mine back for the same issue.
They tested the battery and it was at 37%, they kept it in overnight and charged the battery and everything is working. They said it was because it wasn't getting long runs, which was rubbish.
I'm waiting for it to start again as there is a problem with some of the Rombat 12v batteries and I'm expecting mine to eventually run down again.
Mine was less than 25% the first time. Charged. 3 repairs and it took just 6 days for mine to snooze again. When they call me tomorrow I will ask which battery it has. Had been fine for 11 months. I am.wonderong if the Ford app has anything to do with it. Darent delete it as its the only way to know there is an issue until it gets really bad

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

It's not the App, that just reports what the car is telling it.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

Sparks wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:22 pm It's not the App, that just reports what the car is telling it.
It only started when I used the app to lock the car one day. The first repair was a fault with the telemetry module which I believe talks to the app. That's why I wondered but have seen so many with the same issue. If it was the app i could delete it and get my car back. Where as I'm not prepared drive around the county to get to work just because 3 miles doesn't charge it
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

I had this message a number of times even after a 20 mile run. Had some module updates at the dealers 2 weeks ago and have not had the message since and the Puma was parked for 4 days over the Easter weekend when it was really cold the whole time. Started no problem 7.00 am yesterday morning. It's still early days but encouraging.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

Rizmo wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:46 pm I had this message a number of times even after a 20 mile run. Had some module updates at the dealers 2 weeks ago and have not had the message since and the Puma was parked for 4 days over the Easter weekend when it was really cold the whole time. Started no problem 7.00 am yesterday morning. It's still early days but encouraging.
I had 3 updates during the last week of March. Lasted 6 days then the messages started again. Fingers crossed for you
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Maybe the Rombatt battery isn't up to the job for some owners. Some have had a Varta fitted and the problem seems to be solved. I'm monitoring mine for a while and see what transpires. The thing is if you didn't use the app you would be none the wiser and the car would start even after a being parked up for a week. Another thing is Ford are always messing with the app, sometimes with an adverse effect. Sometimes they issue a couple of updates for the app in a short time and I'm thinking a mistake has been made. The saga goes on.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

I don't know which battery it has, I will ask tomorrow. That's why I havent got rid of the app although when the stop start features turns off I know the battery is low then.

The real question us how many chances do i have to give them before saying enough is enough?
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

You need to be firm but polite. Whatever it takes to get them on your side. Ask to speak to the workshop manager and try to get on first name terms. Don't be fobbed off over the phone, best to make an appearance.
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

Rizmo wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:21 pm You need to be firm but polite. Whatever it takes to get them on your side. Ask to speak to the workshop manager and try to get on first name terms. Don't be fobbed off over the phone, best to make an appearance.
I've been in 3 times now. I'm speaking daily to Ford Customer services. All I get is more tests needed. At some point they will give it me back and say its fixed. If it isn't then what rights do I have? Its been back 3 times already. Its been there a week this time.
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

So my car has been with the dealer for a week now. Ford have asked them to run my car for 15 to 20 miles per day for the next 6 days and report back to Ford.
I presumed this would be on a rolling road but it seems the general manager is going to be using it to drive to and from work. I asked what Ford were hoping to achieve and they vouldnt answer me other than it's what Ford want. They couldn't tell me which battery is in my vehicle at the moment either

Am I wrong for thinking this isn't right? Someone is driving my car as if its their own. And I'm stuck in a courtesy car I hate with no answers.