Post by Stoopo »

tonyt2021 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:02 pm
Stoopo wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:58 pm Try this one:

https://www.batterymegastore.co.uk/prod ... -type-027/
“No products were found matching your selection”

Strange. Picks mine up

0A1D17B4-00FC-4220-A2BB-AB62D4C773B6.png

[attachment
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.

Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

Spoke to my dealer about replacing the battery with a Varta and they say they can only supply a battery labelled “Ford” and have no idea what make it will be
Deleted User 702

Post by Deleted User 702 »

When I picked mine up from the dealer, after they had replaced the battery, I asked if it was a Varta. The chap on reception said they wouldn't know because it's labelled Ford. When I looked it is clearly labelled Varta. It must be the stock answer they are told to give.
Tommo56

Post by Tommo56 »

Picked up my new Puma today. All went well, it does have a Rombat installed. I thought Pumas were built in Romania? The plate on the B-pillar references Ford Cologne !
2021.75 Puma, STLineX Vignale, MHEV, 155bhp, 7spDCT, Fantastic Red.
Winter pack, Massage seats, B&O audio, Fixed LED headlights - all standard AFAIK. Accessories fitted: "AAWireless" Android Auto, rubber floor and megabox mats.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

That's strange, all pumas and Ecosports are Romanian built AFAIK.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
mr2gti

Post by mr2gti »

Hi all.

Rombat on the ST and wife has been annoyed by the passenger door not locking/unlocking from the handle.

I charged up the battery this evening, no joy. But went into the menu on the steering wheel - Settings - Vehicle - Locks - Unlocking and changed it from All doors to Drivers door and back to All doors and it's working fine again.

Booked in though for a check as also she's getting the deep sleep warning very often.

Car is 6 months old.
Hunbob

Post by Hunbob »

It’s worrying this problem is still so widespread.

Couple of points. The mechanic at my local dealer told me that all new pumas are made in Stuttgart and even more interesting is that apparently Stuttgart rewrote all the software.

Not wanting to depress but don’t assume a Varta will solve all your problems. I eventually had one fitted after my rombat dropped to zero overnight after being charged by the dealer. Even then the dealer was reluctant to replace because computer said no problem! Went to Ford customer services who got it replaced. Everything fine until a couple of months ago when started getting the sleeping message again and all the other “ features” like radio only staying on for 30 secs, passenger door not unlocking. Garage checked and found 12v battery just under 50% which appears to be the magical figure. Once the charge gets above that everything works fine. They charged it and added some more software updates but after a month same problem and battery below 50%.

Customer services told them to run new tests which again showing nothing so currently stuck in a computer says situation where there is clearly an issue but dealer doesn’t want to know unless Ford pay. I think the problem is fairly clear, the complicated method that the hybrid uses for charging the 12v battery simply is not fit for purpose. A good varta battery disguises the problem longer than the rombat but eventually the battery will drop below 50% and problems will begin as well as that annoying message every time you switch off.

I await a further response from Ford customer services who actually said I could take it to another dealer but would have to pay if the diagnostics didn’t show a fault.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Not sure of the Stuttgart report.....The only plant there is Porsche, I don't think Ford have a presence there....I stand to be corrected.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Hunbob wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:12 am It’s worrying this problem is still so widespread.

Couple of points. The mechanic at my local dealer told me that all new pumas are made in Stuttgart and even more interesting is that apparently Stuttgart rewrote all the software.

Not wanting to depress but don’t assume a Varta will solve all your problems. I eventually had one fitted after my rombat dropped to zero overnight after being charged by the dealer. Even then the dealer was reluctant to replace because computer said no problem! Went to Ford customer services who got it replaced. Everything fine until a couple of months ago when started getting the sleeping message again and all the other “ features” like radio only staying on for 30 secs, passenger door not unlocking. Garage checked and found 12v battery just under 50% which appears to be the magical figure. Once the charge gets above that everything works fine. They charged it and added some more software updates but after a month same problem and battery below 50%.

Customer services told them to run new tests which again showing nothing so currently stuck in a computer says situation where there is clearly an issue but dealer doesn’t want to know unless Ford pay. I think the problem is fairly clear, the complicated method that the hybrid uses for charging the 12v battery simply is not fit for purpose. A good varta battery disguises the problem longer than the rombat but eventually the battery will drop below 50% and problems will begin as well as that annoying message every time you switch off.

I await a further response from Ford customer services who actually said I could take it to another dealer but would have to pay if the diagnostics didn’t show a fault.
Surely if that’s the case then there has to be a recall at some stage.

My Varta appears to be holding up well but is better after shorter journeys, which suggests a charging issue.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Hunbob

Post by Hunbob »

The latest update on the battery issue. I eventually persuaded ford customer service to refer to their technical department and they came back last week saying they have a software update that will resolve the problem. According to their email to the dealer, my car currently has the AB version of the software and updating to the AC version will solve the KOL problem. No idea what any of this means and neither does the dealer but it is booked in for a 45 minute update so we will see.

What I still haven’t had an answer on is whether all the error messages shutting down systems to protect the battery are referring to the 12v or 48v, it makes sense that it is the latter.