Sshh. Deep Sleep.

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

You're suggesting that locking the car remotely with the app has enabled some, until then, unused functionality which is now keeping the car awake and draining the battery. I like the theory. Does etis show any updates available for the tcu?

Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

Mine has come 6 hours after I've stopped driving. Other times it's minutes. Yesterday it was almost as soon as the garage had moved it
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Chocky wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:29 am You're suggesting that locking the car remotely with the app has enabled some, until then, unused functionality which is now keeping the car awake and draining the battery. I like the theory. Does etis show any updates available for the tcu?
Nice theory, but, would that not cause battery drain no matter what make?
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

I don't know the technical and the garage won't entertain my theory. I think the app had been dormant in my phone for some time until I used it to lock the car. When they took it in the 2nd time they said the telemetry module had a fault and they updated it. I'm not a mechanic. I'm a midwife but something changed.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Has anyone with battery issues tried temporarily shutting down connected services? At least you'll be able to prove whether the app or data transfer is hammering your 12v battery.

Yeah you'll lose some functionality for a bit but I'd give it a go if I had issues.

One message I regilarly see on sync is 'system off to save battery', just before starting the car. It's one I don't understand as I tend to switch off before getting out.
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

I darent disconnect the app as its the only way to know if it is having an issue. I don't want to resolve the issue for them without them acknowledging it

I don't know how to what other connected services are there
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

You could take a look here

Screenshot_20210413-163336.png

Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

Wdf76 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:35 pm You could take a look here

Screenshot_20210413-163336.png
Thank you.

The sync message you mentioned earlier is something I get as my battery gets flatter and the app messages get longer with more features being disabled.

Does anyone not have the app but still have a battery issue?
Linda Turnef

Post by Linda Turnef »

So if you disable the app do you still get the Slerp mode message on the car dashboard?
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

Linda Turnef wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:57 am So if you disable the app do you still get the Slerp mode message on the car dashboard?
I don't get the message on the display as often as I do on the app.