Window rubber strip

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

As a result of a suspected encounter with a washer lance at the dealers I have a gashed rubber at the base of the rear offside door window. Any ideas how to tidy it up would be appreciated, without buying a new strip. I won't be returning to the said dealer for other reasons.

IMG20201126100719.jpg

IMG20201126100717.jpg

Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Don't think there's much you can do with that....Shoddy work by the dealer.
I know you don't want to go back, but, I would and demand they replace the rubber seal. If they won't play, raise it on FB or Twitter with Ford.
Name and shame that dealer here...
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Rizmo wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:53 pm As a result of a suspected encounter with a washer lance at the dealers I have a gashed rubber at the base of the rear offside door window. Any ideas how to tidy it up would be appreciated, without buying a new strip. I won't be returning to the said dealer for other reasons.
That's a real shame but I suspect it's one of those issues where you'll just go round in circles trying to get the dealer to cough up. Especially if you don't have the best of relationships.

Try and price the part, it might not be expensive.

For all the hassle and cost it might be I think I'd just live with it.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Has anybody managed to repair rubber before. It's quite firm but there is some give in it. Perhaps it would be easier to replace as the dealer will never admit responsibility.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

After 3 months only just noticed the front passenger window door rubber looks a bit odd, it sort of tucks in at the top of the window, will see the dealer anyway for the SOS fix so will get them to look then unless it should be like this?

381AD392-1859-402A-85D9-91DABB7BABC4.jpeg

BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

AMS1969 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:26 am After 3 months only just noticed the front passenger window door rubber looks a bit odd, it sort of tucks in at the top of the window, will see the dealer anyway for the SOS fix so will get them to look then unless it should be like this?
Just wondered if you've maybe (or previous owner?) had wind deflectors fitted, maybe they've not been fitted properly, thought about having them done myself but had second thoughts.
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

It does look like that to me as well, but it is brand new built in March and delivered in May, so not sure what has happened and I’ve not had them fitted. Its not a massive issue except I’ve seen it now and it’ll always annoy me! Will see what the dealer can do
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

AMS1969 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:28 pm It does look like that to me as well, but it is brand new built in March and delivered in May, so not sure what has happened and I’ve not had them fitted. Its not a massive issue except I’ve seen it now and it’ll always annoy me! Will see what the dealer can do
In that case should definitely be fixed under warranty, good luck and let us know how you get on 👍🙂
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue
Robby71

Post by Robby71 »

AMS1969 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:26 am After 3 months only just noticed the front passenger window door rubber looks a bit odd, it sort of tucks in at the top of the window, will see the dealer anyway for the SOS fix so will get them to look then unless it should be like this?
Have you not noticed the matt black film is creased as well (just to the right of your arrow)?
2022 Puma ST, Performance Pack, Driver assist pack - Mean Green
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

Yes the bubbling is odd as well, it’s very strange as not noticed it before today and had the car 3 months, I’ll get them to look at it under warranty, I’ve never seen anything like it before as looks like in built they have used heat to seal it off as the two ends of trim are sealing into the door frame