Ford pass app

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

Apart from stalking - is this app worth it? Reading the official Ford bumph on this it will help me to drive more efficiently (I don't think so 😄😅 :D :x ) , tell me my MPG, tell me when the car is being broken into, its not an auto so that function is redundant. Managed OK without one on any car I have had.

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Curryhouse wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:09 pm Apart from stalking - is this app worth it? Reading the official Ford bumph on this it will help me to drive more efficiently (I don't think so 😄😅 :D :x ) , tell me my MPG, tell me when the car is being broken into, its not an auto so that function is redundant. Managed OK without one on any car I have had.
Good points, well made. I seldom open the app these days. Figure the dash will tell me when something's wrong.
robgee

Post by robgee »

There has been another update on iOS today
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

robgee wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:25 pm There has been another update on iOS today

They have removed Manually, from this screen and Everything from the Journey Recording leaving just Automatically using Applink and Off. They probably got fed up having to fix it every time they updated the App. I have to say that even after a year I still look at my bad driving stats. Then again I enjoy any type of gadget.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Mines been faultless lately. Then I have a long drive to Oxford and the bloody thing has switched itself off! Typical!

Update. It was just slow to show. It picked up every journey apart from the one from Leicester Forest services to Oxford. Strange how it missed that one.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
DesertIslandBlue

Post by DesertIslandBlue »

Anyone having issues with the app and pro version tonight?
ST Line X mHEV 125 Desert Island Blue DAP+CP+HFPT
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

DesertIslandBlue wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:52 pm Anyone having issues with the app and pro version tonight?

No, both working fine.
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I don't think Ford really cares once it has your money. Promises that don't get delivered, poor aftercare, vehicles that don't meet the advertised specifications, etc. and if your vehicle starts to fall apart outside a what is by todays standards a pretty short warranty, then expect to be screwed. There are other manufacturers who realise that a customer is for life, not to make a quuck buck out of and people eventually vote with their feet once they have had enough.
Andy K

Post by Andy K »

I don’t find the app particularly useful tbh, and am thinking of deleting it.
Looking back, there is a pattern whereby every other car I’ve owned is a Ford (starting from the mid 70s). So I keep returning to the fold.
Having recently moved on from my Seat Arona to my ex Ford Direct Puma Titanium, I doubt whether I’ll ever change it. Yes, I’m that old. It’s everything and more I’ve ever wanted from a car.
Ford Puma Titanium 1.0 125 Ecoboost. All Options (exc. sunroof). Grey Matter.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Anyone noticed, The format and layout of the App has completely changed. Same information by the looks of it, but now it is a different animal.
Who knows it might even run better?