Ford pass app

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
VengasUK

Post by VengasUK »

Did anyone have activation issues? Cant get it to activate the car. Just wait and does nothing. Tried removing the car, deleting the app, factory resetting the car system, and still nothing!

NeilS

Post by NeilS »

I’ve now got both apps running and didn’t have any issues. It seems the pro app recognised my vehicle details once I logged in with my email and password.

The standard one now doesn’t show my vehicle location when parked up (it once did) and the maps page is just blank. Whereas the pro version does show where the car is parked.

The standard one notified me yesterday that “remote features had been disabled etc” whereas no notification on the pro.

Saying that, I went out to the car today, waved my foot under the boot and it opened. The doors unlocked as normal (by holding the door handle). So much for remote features being disabled! The last time it did this I had to press the button on the fob.

It seems there’s conflicting info from both apps with the tyre pressure readings too.

It also seems strange that remote functions hadn’t actually disabled either?

All very bizarre.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

When mine was going to 'sleep' and the remote features were disabled, it just meant that the remote lock an unlock were disabled. Everything else worked, i.e the keyless entry etc.
The tyre pressures show up as different on each app though. As has been said before, those pressures can't be relied on anyway.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Interesting as my keyless entry didn’t work and I had to use the fob.

When it says remote lock/unlock, is it referring to the option to do it within the app? I may have misinterpreted if that’s the case.

I can’t remember the last time I checked the vehicle location on the standard app (easier to just look out the window) 😆 or searched for anything on the maps page. I’m more miffed as to why it’s not working as to actually needing to use it 😆
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

NeilS wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:35 pm Interesting as my keyless entry didn’t work and I had to use the fob.

When it says remote lock/unlock, is it referring to the option to do it within the app? I may have misinterpreted if that’s the case.

I can’t remember the last time I checked the vehicle location on the standard app (easier to just look out the window) 😆 or searched for anything on the maps page. I’m more miffed as to why it’s not working as to actually needing to use it 😆
Yes, it's the apps remote function that slept on mine.
The apps are OK, but, don't really seem to be a necessity. But, like you, for me it's more about something not working rather than needing it... :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

I’m glad I’m not the only one!

It’s just nice to know for peace of mind that I can check where the car is when I’m out or away. As long as it works on one of the apps I know it’s not a problem with the car.

Cheers for the clarification 👍🏻
microbe

Post by microbe »

My app has stopped showing car location even though all other sections appear OK. It is not something I use vey much but always considered it an additional safety and security factor. I will leave it a few days and re-install the app to see if that cures it.
Puma ST-Line X 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Desert Island Blue 2021
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

There’s a new update on iOS today
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

The FordPass app has always been flakey. Currently no map data on mine including location and my journeys. Taking the car out so rarely nowadays I always have a look at my journeys. It is a challenge to beat the worst score ever :D
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

The car location (which links to a map screen) is now an address link at the top of the vehicle page? On iOS at least