Ford pass app

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

FluffySheep wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:05 am Does anyone know how long it takes for the service history to update on the app? I was told my Puma was serviced last month before I bought it but the app isn't showing anything in the service history.
Then they haven't recorded it on Ford's DSR (Digital Service Record) system. Yet again I suspect it is a case of a very poor Ford service desk operation or worse they haven't actually carried out your vehicle's service!. I hear of so many forgetful dealerships not doing what is required of them.
From time of input it should only take on average 48hrs to appear on the App whilst taking just minutes to input onto the system.
Don't accept excuses it is part of the service procedure for the service desk to input the data on completion of either the PDi or scheduled service.
Even non Ford franchise garage's can obtain access to the system and input.

FluffySheep

Post by FluffySheep »

Rays1 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:51 pm
FluffySheep wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:05 am Does anyone know how long it takes for the service history to update on the app? I was told my Puma was serviced last month before I bought it but the app isn't showing anything in the service history.
Then they haven't recorded it on Ford's DSR (Digital Service Record) system. Yet again I suspect it is a case of a very poor Ford service desk operation or worse they haven't actually carried out your vehicle's service!. I hear of so many forgetful dealerships not doing what is required of them.
From time of input it should only take on average 48hrs to appear on the App whilst taking just minutes to input onto the system.
Don't accept excuses it is part of the service procedure for the service desk to input the data on completion of either the PDi or scheduled service.
I'll be chasing it up this afternoon. The paperwork I had with the car says the next service is due in May 2024, so it does look as though they serviced it last month. It must just be what you said and that they haven't recorded it on the DSR system. At the moment I've got no idea what was actually done to the car, so I'm keen to get it sorted out.
2020 Puma 125 ST Line-X with Winter Pack in Desert Island Blue
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

FluffySheep wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:22 am
Rays1 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:51 pm
I'll be chasing it up this afternoon. The paperwork I had with the car says the next service is due in May 2024, so it does look as though they serviced it last month. It must just be what you said and that they haven't recorded it on the DSR system. At the moment I've got no idea what was actually done to the car, so I'm keen to get it sorted out.
Hi yes, chase up is essential. If or when you decide to sell or trade in your Puma. Without a service history it will not make for good reading.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Could be helpful to others if FluffySheep named the dealer.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
DickDastardly

Post by DickDastardly »

I recently sold my Fiesta and noticed that it was missing details of the second service. Asked the dealer to update the system but they didn't bother.

In the end it made no difference as the people I sold it to(Best Car Buyer) were happy to accept paper invoices and never even asked about the online system.
ST Line X 155, Desert Island Blue. Ordered 31/12/21, delivered 23/05/22
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

DickDastardly wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:23 pm I recently sold my Fiesta and noticed that it was missing details of the second service. Asked the dealer to update the system but they didn't bother.

In the end it made no difference as the people I sold it to(Best Car Buyer) were happy to accept paper invoices and never even asked about the online system.
Yes I get that with regards to invoices etc. But those of us with a Ford service plan get "Diddly Squat" paper work wise. So rely on the digital service record!
DickDastardly

Post by DickDastardly »

Rays1 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:49 pm
DickDastardly wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:23 pm I recently sold my Fiesta and noticed that it was missing details of the second service. Asked the dealer to update the system but they didn't bother.

Yes I get that with regards to invoices etc. But those of us with a Ford service plan get "Diddly Squat" paper work wise. So rely on the digital service record!
I had the Ford service plan with my Fiesta, and my Focus prior to that, and still got paper invoices every time confirming that the service had been done along with the vehicle status report.

Between the 2 cars I think I used 4 different dealers and always got paperwork

Appreciate that you're in a pickle if you do not have paperwork but I don't think that this is a feature of the service plan, sounds like a bad dealer
ST Line X 155, Desert Island Blue. Ordered 31/12/21, delivered 23/05/22
FluffySheep

Post by FluffySheep »

Rizmo wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:42 pm Could be helpful to others if FluffySheep named the dealer.
I've only owned the car for 3 days and I only mentioned the issues to them today, so I'll give them chance to rectify it before I name and shame.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

If they sort your issues then you can praise them too.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
FluffySheep

Post by FluffySheep »

True. I've bought cars from them before with no issues, so I'm sure they'll sort everything out for me.