Ford pass app

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Smartin

Post by Smartin »

microbe wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:43 am My app has stopped showing car location even though all other sections appear OK. It is not something I use vey much but always considered it an additional safety and security factor. I will leave it a few days and re-install the app to see if that cures it.
The Ford Pass app does seem to be very hit and miss. Both mine and my Dad’s phone are linked to my Dad’s Puma but I noticed the location information on the main page vanish a couple of days ago and the map screen go blank, too. Before that, the main page location would often tell me that the car was parked out the front of the house whilst the map page would say it was somewhere else (it was).

Journey recording on my phone when I’ve taken the car out, probably picks up 1 out of 10 journeys.

The app on my Dad’s phone wouldn’t even open, yesterday and has never recorded any journeys!

Not a massive issue whilst we are not paying for it, but can’t see us continuing to use it once Ford start changing a monthly fee for the modem use after 3 months.

Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

3 months is for the WiFi hotspot

1 year for live traffic

Not sure the connected functions (lock/unlock/remote start) expires. Am sure someone can confirm/correct me on that though.
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

FirstFord1972 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:24 am The FordPass app has always been flakey. Currently no map data on mine including location and my journeys. Taking the car out so rarely nowadays I always have a look at my journeys. It is a challenge to beat the worst score ever :D

It’s now all working again after the update to 3.19.0.
Smartin

Post by Smartin »

tonyt2021 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:30 am 3 months is for the WiFi hotspot

1 year for live traffic

Not sure the connected functions (lock/unlock/remote start) expires. Am sure someone can confirm/correct me on that though.
You’re probably right about it being the Wi-Fi hotspot that expires after 3 months. Have not bothered setting that up, anyway. Always have a mobile phone around in the car,so don’t see the point.

I thought I’d read that the Ford system piggybacks on your mobile device signal anyway, so couldn’t understand why they would then charge you for using your own data but probably misunderstood something :ugeek:
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Smartin wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:14 pm
tonyt2021 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:30 am 3 months is for the WiFi hotspot

1 year for live traffic

You’re probably right about it being the Wi-Fi hotspot that expires after 3 months. Have not bothered setting that up, anyway. Always have a mobile phone around in the car,so don’t see the point.

I thought I’d read that the Ford system piggybacks on your mobile device signal anyway, so couldn’t understand why they would then charge you for using your own data but probably misunderstood something :ugeek:
The Wi-Fi hotspot is serviced by Vodafone and is a complete ripoff. There is one of their sims in there. AFAIK it's independent of the Ford stuff. I didn't renew after the 3 month free period as I didn't use it.
My Wife had it with her Vauxhall and that was 4 years ago (She still has the car) and they gave 12 months free Wi-Fi, experience from that tells that we would never use it in the Puma either.....
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
microbe

Post by microbe »

FirstFord1972 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:04 pm
FirstFord1972 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:24 am The FordPass app has always been flakey. Currently no map data on mine including location and my journeys. Taking the car out so rarely nowadays I always have a look at my journeys. It is a challenge to beat the worst score ever :D

It’s now all working again after the update to 3.19.0.

Mine is still not working but I have 3.18.0. (android). I cannot find an updated version. I will look again later

I have just loaded Ford pass pro and that is correctly telling me the car is outside the house.
Puma ST-Line X 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Desert Island Blue 2021
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

3.18.0 here with no update offered via the app store yet.
It keeps crashing on the location section.
Pro working fine though, which is the one I tend to use.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

iOS update installed and is now working.

Shows vehicle location as text which links to the map. The maps page is also now working again.

All is now right in the world..
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
microbe

Post by microbe »

My android version has updated itself to version 3.19.0 over the last few days and is now showing car location
Puma ST-Line X 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Desert Island Blue 2021
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Yes, mines not crashing anymore....Still prefer Pro version. :D