Ford pass app

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Tommo56

Post by Tommo56 »

Rays1 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:26 pm Anyone noticed, The format and layout of the App has completely changed. Same information by the looks of it, but now it is a different animal.
Who knows it might even run better?
Yes... up to a couple of days ago Fordpass was rev 3.31.0 , now its 3.32.0. Layout has changed, not sure if it's any better. Since the update I'm getting more messages suggesting it's not communicating with the car too well, don't know if that's a coincidence.
Google Play says the Fordpass app was last updated on 30 Sept 2021, but that can't be true as I checked the app only a week ago and it had that same update date for 3.31.0.
2021.75 Puma, STLineX Vignale, MHEV, 155bhp, 7spDCT, Fantastic Red.
Winter pack, Massage seats, B&O audio, Fixed LED headlights - all standard AFAIK. Accessories fitted: "AAWireless" Android Auto, rubber floor and megabox mats.

dartiss

Post by dartiss »

Mine has stopped recording my journeys.

Tbh, due to the amount I go out these days, I hadn't noticed when it stopped, but I suspect it was when I changed my phone. However, FordPass appears connected, and I'm receiving car data to the app (fuel, etc.).

Does anybody have any thoughts on what I need to do here? The settings in the app show journey recording to me and for it to alert me after each one (neither of which is occurring).
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155PS (+factory fit extras) in Fantastic Red
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

dartiss wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:35 am Mine has stopped recording my journeys.

Tbh, due to the amount I go out these days, I hadn't noticed when it stopped, but I suspect it was when I changed my phone. However, FordPass appears connected, and I'm receiving car data to the app (fuel, etc.).

Does anybody have any thoughts on what I need to do here? The settings in the app show journey recording to me and for it to alert me after each one (neither of which is occurring).
Do you have location turned on in the phone and does the app have permission to use it?
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
dartiss

Post by dartiss »

Do you have location turned on in the phone and does the app have permission to use it?
Just checked and... yes.

The app shows the car's location too, so it knows where it is. Everything seems to be 100%, afaik, except for Journeys.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Just ticking things off here, not questioning your abilities... :D
Is your phone connected to the car via Bluetooth or USB when travelling?
If you look in the app settings - Journey settings - scroll to the bottom and 'Access Journeys Troubleshooting', see if you get anything from that.
dartiss

Post by dartiss »

I'm using iOS and since the app update it's been really hard to find this settings page - I've found it via the news page which just happens to link to it.

All the settings show it switched on but there's no troubleshooting option.

If I go into "My Journeys" it shows known and has an option to see how to connect my phone to my vehicle, but I've gone through that and it's all fine.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I'm all out, sorry. apart from uninstall and reinstall the app. I'm on Android and don't use the app that often, but, someone may be along later with a little more knowledge of IOS.
Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

Did you get prompted to accept the new connection and agree to data and location sharing on the sync screen? I just changed to a new iPhone 13 Pro and had to confirm twice. The first time via a USB connection and then Bluetooth. Journey recording works fine on mine since the change.
dartiss

Post by dartiss »

Not that I remember.

I've reinstalled the app and still no joy.
Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

I find it difficult to understand how flakey the FordPass App (3.32.0) is on IOS (15.1). Is everybody on IOS getting the rear pressures also showing on the front pressures?

FordPass

BA0B30EB-8467-4ACE-9F33-5F3AF903BCB0.jpeg

FordPass Pro

0A459BD5-C9C6-4076-A049-8EAD841A7083.jpeg