Android auto volume

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
GazMobi

Post by GazMobi »

I'm sure I've seen this on here but can't find the thread !
Has anyone else had the android auto nav volume not staying as set ?
I know that it has to be adjusted while she is talking but no matter how many times I try it doesn't stay put.
She keeps shouting at me and it's pi55ing me off. Why is it so hard ? On my Kuga (now departed) it worked fine !

Going to try the Sync update, see if that helps.

Cheers

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Funnily enough that's happened today on a trip.....It was driving my wife mad as she was trying to tell me something.....(Not sure I'd have listened anyway. ;) )
I agree, it worked fine on my Fiesta Active...
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

I'll have a go at this tomorrow. I normally just have it set on alerts only as I can see the turn info on the dash screen. I generally know where in going so it's about routing me round traffic Do you set the volume low with your phone, then adjust using the sync volume control?
GazMobi

Post by GazMobi »

Tried both ... Very annoying.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

I've had a play with this on the way home tonight. Route selected and voice guidance on. Guidance volume stayed where I set it with no issues. I tried this with dab radio and streaming music also.

Also tried with the different speed depandant volume settings.

My sync hasn't been updated and still runs the 19*** build, android auto is upto date.
GazMobi

Post by GazMobi »

Cheers , haven't tried mine since the update ... Bloody daughter keeps plugging her iPhone in before I get a chance ☺️
seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

Did anyone find a solution for this old thread? My AA guidance defaults to volume 6, and won't stay any lower. Normally wouldn't be bothered but when my 5 month old baby who struggles to sleep in the car anyway, is asleep, I'd rather have it a lot lower
ST-Line-X 155 | Grey Matter | DAP | Winter Pack | Signature LEDs | Panoramic Roof | Power Tailgate
Deleted User 762

Post by Deleted User 762 »

Nope, I've experienced this with both my Pumas. I have it set to alerts only now. It happens with Google Maps and Waze.
Also had 3 different Samsungs, S21, S22 and S23 as thought might be phone related.
Hopefully changing my phone in Feb (as well as the Puma) so will see if that makes a difference 😥
seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

Well that is a pain. I have a Pixel 6 Pro doing the same. Is there a way of reporting issues to Ford?

At least android auto fires directions on to the dashboard. It didn't in the past on other cars
ST-Line-X 155 | Grey Matter | DAP | Winter Pack | Signature LEDs | Panoramic Roof | Power Tailgate
MobiWanKenobi

Post by MobiWanKenobi »

We just picked my wife's up and its doing exactly the same, galaxy s23+ , very annoying