Booked in.

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

robgee wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:02 pm PM'ed you ....
You have a update on the sync site
2020 Ford Puma
A software update is available. Approx. 883MB
Prepare SYNC download
Thanks for taking the time to do this. Al lmodules with updates available were updated as promised.

JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

Wdf76 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:13 pm
robgee wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:04 pm
Good luck with the KA+ , looks like they might have your car for a few days !!
Just got it back Rob. Modules uodated, would you take a look at my ETIS if I ping you my vin please?

Boot kicks open. First-time yay! and I've taken a b road home which is a 30 limit and the car used to detect a side street 20. It didn't. So IPMA looks sorted.

I believe the BCM update sorted the tailgate button and kick to open.

Paint on the sill mouldings is ongoing and may be post furlough.

I was told sync was upgraded but my build still shows 19200 so the jury is still out.
When mine went in to be experimented on with the surround sound fix, they were also looking at why my handsfree tailgate didn't work. They told me there wasn't currently an update or a fix for the handsfree tailgate yet and would be in touch in due course when a fix was available. The plot thickens :roll:
Jack. 32. South East London. Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition: Desert Island Blue.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

JackTheLad87 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:02 pm When mine went in to be experimented on with the surround sound fix, they were also looking at why my handsfree tailgate didn't work. They told me there wasn't currently an update or a fix for the handsfree tailgate yet and would be in touch in due course when a fix was available. The plot thickens :roll:
The BCM or body control module update appears to take care of all of this, it cures passenger door unlocking, tailgate button and tailgate kick to open. I locked my car at the dealers, went back after 5 minutes and opened the tailgate from the switch. That hasn't worked from day one. The service manager tried to show me kick to open and it didn't work. How we laughed.... I then showed him the spearmint method and up she popped. 🤣
AndyB78

Post by AndyB78 »

How did you get on with your dash rattle, mine is in tomorrow?
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

AndyB78 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:06 am How did you get on with your dash rattle, mine is in tomorrow?
Have replied on the other thread. I asked them not to pursue it at that time. I have since learnt that the passenger airbag mounts could be the culprit. My Puma needs to go back in for other issues, namely paint. I'm waiting for a response.

This is the first Ford I have owned that has had to go back in for work, other than servicing, since 2014. I love the way the Puma drives but loathe the way it's been screwed together.
AndyB78

Post by AndyB78 »

Thanks for that. I’ve cancelled my appointment for tomorrow as I’m not convinced the dealer will admit to anything being wrong and I don’t want to be £114 out of pocket before xmas. The car itself is lovely but the response and the support from the dealer has been awful. Not if it is because my last 5 cars were Volvo and I’m expecting the same level of service.
JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

AndyB78 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:36 pm Thanks for that. I’ve cancelled my appointment for tomorrow as I’m not convinced the dealer will admit to anything being wrong and I don’t want to be £114 out of pocket before xmas. The car itself is lovely but the response and the support from the dealer has been awful. Not if it is because my last 5 cars were Volvo and I’m expecting the same level of service.
Why would you be £114 out of pocket??
Jack. 32. South East London. Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition: Desert Island Blue.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

AndyB78 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:36 pm Thanks for that. I’ve cancelled my appointment for tomorrow as I’m not convinced the dealer will admit to anything being wrong and I don’t want to be £114 out of pocket before xmas. The car itself is lovely but the response and the support from the dealer has been awful. Not if it is because my last 5 cars were Volvo and I’m expecting the same level of service.
Not all dealers are the same. Have you another franchise near you? Try them, be straight and explain your situation. They might be glad of the work.especially as they could gain your business going forward.

Just a thought but have you checked your glovebox door for rattles. There's quite a bit of free play in the door itself. This can easily be sorted with some strategically placed foam tape.
AndyB78

Post by AndyB78 »

@jackthelad87 because they said if they can’t find the knocking or any of the other noises then that’s what they would charge me as an inspection fee which I had to agree to before they would let me book it in
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Andy878 can you name the dealer and whereabouts
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.