Booked in.

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

sinlessUK wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:23 pm Well I'm booked in for the 26th November to definitely get the SYNC Module [APIM].
I'm in next week so I'll chance my arm perhaps someone can check my etis afterward.

robgee

Post by robgee »

Wdf76 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:57 pm
sinlessUK wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:23 pm Well I'm booked in for the 26th November to definitely get the SYNC Module [APIM].
I'm in next week so I'll chance my arm perhaps someone can check my etis afterward.
No problem do you want a before an after ?
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Paul R

Post by Paul R »

Hope you all get your cars sorted suppose I'll have to get mine in soon.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

robgee wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:11 pm No problem do you want a before an after ?
Thanks pal. I think I've still got the one you did for me earlier in my pm's, I'll be in touch when it's done to see where we are.
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

Wdf76 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:01 am What 'white lies' will get you a pcm and tcu update? 😄
You could try mentioning that manual restart required message you got one time.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Chocky wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:17 pm You could try mentioning that manual restart required message you got one time.
Fair shout but I think I'll bowl with a straight arm. I know which modules need an update and I'll ask what does what. Not all updates are beneficial and I've no major issues with sync etc. The image processing module is the most important for me.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Dropped my Puma off this morning.

Discussed module updates. We agreed that IPMA would receive an update to sort out the traffic sign recognition. Service manager is aware of the other module updates and will consider what needs to be done. APIM, TCU, PCM etc.

They will look at the tailgate switch not operating when locked and why the tailgate by foot operation is unreliable.

Sync should be updated and I mentioned F9 maps.

Sill moulding paint is another issue if the car has to go somewhere else to be repainted.

I've got their KA+ courtesy car. What a machine....
robgee

Post by robgee »

Wdf76 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:42 am Dropped my Puma off this morning.

Discussed module updates. We agreed that IPMA would receive an update to sort out the traffic sign recognition. Service manager is aware of the other module updates and will consider what needs to be done. APIM, TCU, PCM etc.

They will look at the tailgate switch not operating when locked and why the tailgate by foot operation is unreliable.

Sync should be updated and I mentioned F9 maps.

Sill moulding paint is another issue if the car has to go somewhere else to be repainted.

I've got their KA+ courtesy car. What a machine....
Good luck with the KA+ , looks like they might have your car for a few days !!
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

robgee wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:04 pm
Good luck with the KA+ , looks like they might have your car for a few days !!
Just got it back Rob. Modules uodated, would you take a look at my ETIS if I ping you my vin please?

Boot kicks open. First-time yay! and I've taken a b road home which is a 30 limit and the car used to detect a side street 20. It didn't. So IPMA looks sorted.

I believe the BCM update sorted the tailgate button and kick to open.

Paint on the sill mouldings is ongoing and may be post furlough.

I was told sync was upgraded but my build still shows 19200 so the jury is still out.
robgee

Post by robgee »

PM'ed you ....

You have a update on the sync site

2020 Ford Puma

A software update is available. Approx. 883MB

Prepare SYNC download