Forscan / APIM Modifications

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
asl3312

Post by asl3312 »

Sparks wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:00 pm Not understanding why someone would want on screen controls. They take your eye off the road too much and there is a very convenient manual knob that's easily reached with hardly a glance. :?
Yes you are spot on with this.. but they are there, along with the analogue controls, so you have a choice what to use. I don't understand why Ford would artificially gimp their cars when the tech is present.
I suppose it's a sort of halfway house until the next batch of cars that are all controlled 99-100% via the main screens.. look at the current most technologically advanced manufacturer out there, Tesla.. the new Model S Plaid has no stalks, the indicators are capacitive buttons on the steering yoke FFS not even a wheel :D
***NOW SOLD*** 2020 ST Line X 7DCT Auto 125PS - Magnetic Grey - DAP - LED - HFPT - Panoramic Roof - 19" Alloys

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Yes, but voice control is the ultimate, not hard to reach touch buttons....Have you tried selecting anything on the screen while traveling a cobbled street or a normal urban road that hasn't seen a repair in years.... ;) :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
scooke2k2@gmail.com

Post by scooke2k2@gmail.com »

asl3312 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:18 pm
Rizmo wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:00 pm asl3312 were in the uk are you based.
Manchester
asl3312 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:45 pm
D6VEB. wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:36 pm No, not at the moment. It appears that we, "the adjust at passenger side climate control crew", are stuck with this option.
I presume that you do not have dual control, ie each passenger area has a separate heating facility. As this may be covered but deletes other button options, so that's not good for me.
I have done quite a few changes using Forscan, about to try to add coloured buttons on the climate screen. 8th time lucky perhaps.
If anyone knows for certain how to add coloured buttons, much appreciated.
D6VEB.
I have read elsewhere that the reversed climate controls is a hardware issue so there's not an easy way to sort it.
In reality I don't think the on screen controls will get used too often when there are physical buttons etc underneath, however the temperature setting via voice command is a neat trick. I was looking for a way to remove the DUAL screen icon too but think that may affect the temp settings somehow

What other mods via Forscan have you done? I have only done this and the auto lock.
The back to front on climate should only be on mk3 focus ive seen it done on a mk4 focus fully working i couldnt find the right adjustment o forscan to enable climate with voice control on mine
asl3312

Post by asl3312 »

scooke2k2@gmail.com wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:45 pm
asl3312 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:18 pm
Rizmo wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:00 pm asl3312 were in the uk are you based.
Manchester
asl3312 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:45 pm
D6VEB. wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:36 pm No, not at the moment. It appears that we, "the adjust at passenger side climate control crew", are stuck with this option.
I presume that you do not have dual control, ie each passenger area has a separate heating facility. As this may be covered but deletes other button options, so that's not good for me.
I have done quite a few changes using Forscan, about to try to add coloured buttons on the climate screen. 8th time lucky perhaps.
If anyone knows for certain how to add coloured buttons, much appreciated.
D6VEB.
I have read elsewhere that the reversed climate controls is a hardware issue so there's not an easy way to sort it.
In reality I don't think the on screen controls will get used too often when there are physical buttons etc underneath, however the temperature setting via voice command is a neat trick. I was looking for a way to remove the DUAL screen icon too but think that may affect the temp settings somehow

What other mods via Forscan have you done? I have only done this and the auto lock.
The back to front on climate should only be on mk3 focus ive seen it done on a mk4 focus fully working i couldnt find the right adjustment o forscan to enable climate with voice control on mine
I turned mine back off as it was never used tbh. Check the CLIMATE CONTROL option in Forscan and change from MANUAL to AUTOMATIC and CLIMATE DOMAIN to ON
***NOW SOLD*** 2020 ST Line X 7DCT Auto 125PS - Magnetic Grey - DAP - LED - HFPT - Panoramic Roof - 19" Alloys
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

My Focus with sync2 had verbal climate control. I could increase or decrease the temperature.

I had it when I first got the Puma in May but it went after the first update I did.

Now I know why I never update my iPhone until I’ve seen what others think first.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Wolfmaster

Post by Wolfmaster »

Hi! Is there a way to activate the "Performace Gauges" in the digital dashboard like in the ST?

LittlePuma

Post by LittlePuma »

Wolfmaster wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:45 pm Hi! Is there a way to activate the "Performace Gauges" in the digital dashboard like in the ST?

That would be another useful menu to have. Especially for the oil temperature 🌡️
Any geek out there? :P
LittlePuma

Post by LittlePuma »

We need the help from ST owners.
Maybe from the comparison of the as built modules data of the ST and the standard, something interesting might pop out.
sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

@robgee - Are you still our in-house geek?

Any thoughts on the "Performance Gauges" request?
https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6
LittlePuma

Post by LittlePuma »

Hi, has this topic gone into shhh deep sleep mode? :)