Forscan / APIM Modifications

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
robgee

Post by robgee »

Done a little investigation into this and i dont think it will be possible as there are two versions of this IPC

The FAx and FBx

FA are the units without ST Features.
FB are the units with the ST Features.

Mine has L1TT-10849-FAJ (FA unit)
Checked a Puma ST and it has L1TT-10849-FBP (FB Unit)
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)

LittlePuma

Post by LittlePuma »

Thank so much robgee. Where can I check mine, even if it should be a FA one, tough

Edit: ctrl+f I guess 8-)
robgee

Post by robgee »

LittlePuma wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:47 pm Thank so much robgee. Where can I check mine, even if it should be a FA one, tough

Edit: ctrl+f I guess 8-)
I used

https://github.com/consp/apim-asbuilt-decode and the downloads at https://github.com/consp/apim-asbuilt-d ... s/tag/1.3c

You can ASBUILT info via a vin at https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
LittlePuma

Post by LittlePuma »

I'm taking note.
I already have my as-built file btw.
I'll check tomorrow morning the rest.
Thanx!
DickDastardly

Post by DickDastardly »

I'm trying to enable the AutoLocking but seeing lots of entries with similar names in BdyCm module. Last time I did this the option was called "Auto Lock by Speed" so not sure if something has changed.

These are the options in BdyCm. So many options that I'm not sure which one to go for. Possibly ",AutoLock Vehicle" but I'm just guessing

All these options have an "unlock" equivalent which there never used to be for "Auto Lock by Speed", which leads me to think that none of these options are correct

PXL_20220625_184137679.jpg

And this is the option in IPC module. At least there's only one option here but not sure if it relates to the same thing

PXL_20220625_184225786.jpg

ST Line X 155, Desert Island Blue. Ordered 31/12/21, delivered 23/05/22
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

In BCM i just ticked auto lock vehicle. Did same as you in IPC but couldn't get he switch on / off option on the menu screen like I could previously on my st x line.
The auto lock works perfect though. Not sure I there's an auto unlock feature so it unlocks n stopping ??
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
DickDastardly

Post by DickDastardly »

Stevep999 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:47 am In BCM i just ticked auto lock vehicle. Did same as you in IPC but couldn't get he switch on / off option on the menu screen like I could previously on my st x line.
The auto lock works perfect though. Not sure I there's an auto unlock feature so it unlocks n stopping ??
Cheers for that, appreciate the confirmation. I didn't want to go ahead and change it without hearing from somebody who's already selected that option

EDIT: Just tried it and it worked 8-)
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

On my 2020 st x line the autolocking option came up on dashboard. On my ST yhe locking options appear on the sync screen so not sure if it's different option in forscan
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
DickDastardly

Post by DickDastardly »

I tried changing the "Auto Lock" setting in IPC but there aren't any new menu options appearing anywhere.

Not something I can lose sleep over as I wouldn't be turning it off at any point anyway
neoPumaST

Post by neoPumaST »

Hi there,

First of all, thank you for your posts, it helped me a lot to activate the doors auto lock on my Puma ST (2022) 🙂

I share my experience with you, if you validate it could make a tutorial for those who have not tried yet.

Prerequisites
- Hardware: OBDLink EX
- Software: FORScan (latest version) with extended license (free 2 month trial)

I activated 3 options:

1. BdyCM Module
-> mandatory ?

2. APIM module
-> optional: allows you to add the option to the central screen

3. IPC module
-> mandatory ?

⚠️ After activating these 3 options, I did not see the option appear in the menus of the central screen (Settings > Vehicle > Locking)
On the other hand, during my road test (>20 km/h), the automatic door locking worked the first time and when I went back to the settings I saw the option.

Thanks for your feedbacks.