Forscan / APIM Modifications

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
robgee

Post by robgee »

Going to set this as a stickie so people can post any features owners have enabled on their SYNC system or programme changes they have made and hopefully some How To's if people agree.

Options that I know that can be enabled so far are:

1) Climate (Sync can mimic the physical button settings thus enabling Climate control on the SYNC screen)
2) Autolock (this can be enabled via Forscan)
3) Surround Sound (for those people that don't have the option on there cars)
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)

Chocky

Post by Chocky »

Can FORScan read module software levels? I've downloaded the software but yet to dig out my old ELM327 device.
Mattyi26

Post by Mattyi26 »

A good sticky to have, I have all the kit to do it so if anyone needs any help around Essex area give me a shout!
JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

Can it unlock Remote Start for us manual guys or is that beyond the realm of physical possibility?
Jack. 32. South East London. Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition: Desert Island Blue.
robgee

Post by robgee »

JackTheLad87 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:45 pm Can it unlock Remote Start for us manual guys or is that beyond the realm of physical possibility?
I think that might be out of the question as it would have to know the car is in neutral
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

robgee wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:18 pm
JackTheLad87 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:45 pm Can it unlock Remote Start for us manual guys or is that beyond the realm of physical possibility?
I think that might be out of the question as it would have to know the car is in neutral
Think the car must be in park, gearbox locked not neutral, hence why this is not available to manual car owners.
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

'press clutch to start' would be your blocker on a manual. Maybe with a few house bricks in the footwell you could hack your way round it :)
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Can fordcan be used to update modules that are showing on ETIS ?
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
robgee

Post by robgee »

Stevep999 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:06 am Can fordcan be used to update modules that are showing on ETIS ?
Apparently the new version can but i think they have pulled that version for now.

There are other programmes out there like UCDS but not sure if they are free.
Duncraig

Post by Duncraig »

Just curious, is there any way to monitor the charge level of the Hybrid battery? It would be nice to know how much Hybrid assistance was still available displayed on the screen.