Forscan / APIM Modifications

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Not sure of any advantage to that whatsoever!!?? Just because you can, doesn't make it a wise decision..... ;)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

asl3312

Post by asl3312 »

Puma owners with Forscan experience..

I received my obdlink ex cable yesterday and have Forscan on my diagnostic laptop. Had a bit of a play this morning but nothing too serious and activated the Auto Door Lock at Speed via the BCM. Is it possible to set the Auto Start - Stop function as deactivated on startup? Had a look on Forscan forums but nothing definitive for EU spec cars. Cheers.
***NOW SOLD*** 2020 ST Line X 7DCT Auto 125PS - Magnetic Grey - DAP - LED - HFPT - Panoramic Roof - 19" Alloys
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

asl3312 were in the uk are you based.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
asl3312

Post by asl3312 »

Rizmo wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:00 pm asl3312 were in the uk are you based.
Manchester
***NOW SOLD*** 2020 ST Line X 7DCT Auto 125PS - Magnetic Grey - DAP - LED - HFPT - Panoramic Roof - 19" Alloys
asl3312

Post by asl3312 »

To those owners that have Climate Control via the Sync display and voice commands..

I have now enabled using Forscan today.. however, the temp control is adjusted via the passenger side on screen buttons, is there a way to change this to the driver side?

Thanks
D6VEB.

Post by D6VEB. »

No, not at the moment. It appears that we, "the adjust at passenger side climate control crew", are stuck with this option.
I presume that you do not have dual control, ie each passenger area has a separate heating facility. As this may be covered but deletes other button options, so that's not good for me.
I have done quite a few changes using Forscan, about to try to add coloured buttons on the climate screen. 8th time lucky perhaps.
If anyone knows for certain how to add coloured buttons, much appreciated.
D6VEB.
asl3312

Post by asl3312 »

D6VEB. wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:36 pm No, not at the moment. It appears that we, "the adjust at passenger side climate control crew", are stuck with this option.
I presume that you do not have dual control, ie each passenger area has a separate heating facility. As this may be covered but deletes other button options, so that's not good for me.
I have done quite a few changes using Forscan, about to try to add coloured buttons on the climate screen. 8th time lucky perhaps.
If anyone knows for certain how to add coloured buttons, much appreciated.
D6VEB.
I have read elsewhere that the reversed climate controls is a hardware issue so there's not an easy way to sort it.
In reality I don't think the on screen controls will get used too often when there are physical buttons etc underneath, however the temperature setting via voice command is a neat trick. I was looking for a way to remove the DUAL screen icon too but think that may affect the temp settings somehow

What other mods via Forscan have you done? I have only done this and the auto lock.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Not understanding why someone would want on screen controls. They take your eye off the road too much and there is a very convenient manual knob that's easily reached with hardly a glance. :?
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Sparks, I think we are old school and maybe in the minority.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Rizmo wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:02 pm Sparks, I think we are old school and maybe in the minority.
Possibly, but, every car review done on any motor that doesn't have physical buttons and knobs, laments their absence. :D