Electronics Issues?

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
parzival

Post by parzival »

Having some issues with the electronics in my car, I wondered if anyone else had the same issues?

Three issues I have had so far:
1) Emergency call malfunction appeared a month ago on start up, but disappeared after 5 minutes and hasn’t come back
2) Yesterday the screen went blank whilst driving and connected to CarPlay. None of the buttons worked and after about 2 minutes it restarted itself and came back on (this happened twice in a row). This hasn’t happened today.
3) Today after putting the drivers side window down, then attempting to close it, it immediately opened up again. When I tried to put it back up, it closed all the way and then opened up nearly all the way again automatically (about 6” from the bottom). This happened multiple times and would only stop when I opened the door and manually held the button down to close. I checked if there way anything stuck in the frame due to bounce back but it was completely clear.

I believe the 1st issue has resolved itself, and the 2nd issue could be to do with CarPlay, but now having a 3rd electronic issue in two months, I’m not sure if there is something wrong with the car itself.

Chocky

Post by Chocky »

For 3, the windows need to be reset. I cannot remember the procedure.
parzival

Post by parzival »

Chocky wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:24 am For 3, the windows need to be reset. I cannot remember the procedure.
I’ll look around and see if I can try that. Thank you for your help!
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

Chocky wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:24 am For 3, the windows need to be reset. I cannot remember the procedure.
I am pretty sure I read in the online manual
Don’t now the procedure anymore
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

RESETTING WINDOW BOUNCE-BACK

WARNING: Bounce-back is off until you reset the memory. Take care when closing the windows to avoid personal injury or damage to your vehicle.

If you have disconnected the battery, you must reset the bounce-back memory separately for each window.

Carry out all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence.

1. Close the window.

2. Press and hold the switch until the window is fully open. Keep the switch pressed for a few seconds.

3. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the switch held for a few seconds.

4. Press and hold the switch until the window is fully open. Keep the switch pressed for a few seconds.

5. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the switch held for a few seconds.

Note: Repeat the procedure if the window does not close when you use one-touch.