Sync software update !!!

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Yep glad your sorted too Sparks. Rob is right in some respects about the level of difference between surround and stereo. I can hear the difference, it is noticeable, however I've always maintained that the quality of the system was always going to be impacted by speaker placement (nothing in the rear of the car apart from low down in the rear doors) plus the sub being buried in the boot wall.

Software issues will continue to blight cars from all manufacturers, but let's be honest, how many owners actually care or know what software they're running. Out of 350 members on here 50 to 100 are probably active. How many pumas have already been sold? A lad at work has just picked up a vignale, I told him about the forum, mentioned a few things he should be looking out for and in a round about way he said he couldn't give a toss. There is no incentive for manufacturers to get on top of stuff when so few owners appear to be bothered (unless it's a safety recall).

Interesting you say sparks that you'll swap into another one in a couple of years. I'm already made up that this will be my last Ford. This is my 4th and worst (in terms of build quality) Ford in a row, I'll move on and try somewhere else as soon as my neg eq has leveled off and I'm in a position to trade in.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

When I say get another, that's the position at the moment, but, never say never. I may be tempted to go full electric, depending on how the range increases over the next couple of years, at the very least self charging hybrid. So unless the Puma releases one (doubtful), I may go to another manufacturer.
At the moment I'm enjoying the ride of the Puma and to be honest I've had no build issues (so far, apart from dirt under the door) and to be fair, my Fiesta active had no build issues.
You are right about some not being bothered at the moment, but, once they start getting charged extra at services for updates, they'll have a point of view. ;)
I had the surround in the Active, it was the B&O edition and I could tell when it was on an when not, but, wasn't bothered either way, no vast difference. I don't use the car for serious music listening, I leave that to the HiFi indoors. :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Sparks, If you don't mind me asking, who's your dealer.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

installed the Sync 20136 update three weeks ago and uploaded the log file to Ford. Still says same sync update files available. Anybody waited this long before.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Rizmo wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:48 pm Sparks, If you don't mind me asking, who's your dealer.
No problem..Allen Ford.
To be fair, I've not had any real problems with them.
sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

Finally after two months of raising the fault with Ford CRC, messages back and forth and arranging a dealer visit for the 25th of November 2020, this has come up.

Only thing I did this morning was to scan for updates via SYNC while connected via my home WiFi.

Ford ETIS has reflected this >> APIM / SYNC Module [APIM] / LU5T-14G371-GKF / 1U5T-14G374-EH / 23-11-20 06:55

Downloading as I speak :D

Capture.JPG

https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6
robgee

Post by robgee »

I wonder if its a case that they just are slow loading the VIN Numbers in to the back end system or if they back end systems are slow to process the data.
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Probably the system they employ, it may need some investment to update for the future.
Even though I've updated my maps to F9 and uploaded the XML file, it's still showing me that I have map update...It took 5 weeks to update the software update notice.
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

sinlessUK wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:46 am Finally after two months of raising the fault with Ford CRC, messages back and forth and arranging a dealer visit for the 25th of November 2020, this has come up.

Only thing I did this morning was to scan for updates via SYNC while connected via my home WiFi.

Downloading as I speak :D

This is strange, seeing your post i tried the scan for updates via SYNC while connected via my home WiFi. Eureka, the Map update appeared!

Now the really strange thing is my car is also booked in for the 25th! i decided to cancel it as the 8am wait appointment would mean me getting up at 6:30am. A time in the morning that is completely foreign to me since I retired. :D
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

Harrygt40 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:52 am Anybody any clue....I have tried to update the Map a couple of times both say it's been successful yet dosen't download the log file for uploading to web site. I have also downloaded the file if you don't get a log file generated, unfortunately it dosen't work.
In part 1 of the prepare update it states I should have a folder called SyncMyRide, one file autoinstall.lst and one file called DONTINDX.MSA.
In the twice I have downloaded this large file and extracted it, I only have folder SyncMyRide, one file autoinstall.lst. has anyone experienced this?
The last time I updated Sync it was no problem and had the folder and both files.

Hi, was the DONTINDX.MSA file required? I have just downloaded my Map update file and the DONTINDX.MSA is missing from the zip file.