Sync software update !!!

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Mike, try a master reset....Did mine out of curiosity and the Logos came back for the stations transmitting them.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

I might try the master reset myself. I’ve lost the ability to change temperature and now I notice the Bluetooth music won’t work. She’s saying I have to connect by cable.

At this rate sync 2 will have more features before long.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Bluetooth music back this morning.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Stoopo wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:05 am I might try the master reset myself. I’ve lost the ability to change temperature and now I notice the Bluetooth music won’t work. She’s saying I have to connect by cable.

At this rate sync 2 will have more features before long.
I don't think the reset will get back the temp settings on the sync screen.....Personally it's a waste anyway, the temp knob is much more convenient.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

Today the website is finally letting me download the map update, but it's still 23GB despite them saying my car is up-to-date

Not sure whether to believe they WILL remove the download from my account (as posted previously) and just wait or to try installing from USB and hoping it installs quicker as car already shows F10 etc.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

tonyt2021 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:36 am Today the website is finally letting me download the map update, but it's still 23GB despite them saying my car is up-to-date

Not sure whether to believe they WILL remove the download from my account (as posted previously) and just wait or to try installing from USB and hoping it installs quicker as car already shows F10 etc.
If you already have F10 maps and the correct Sync version I would leave well alone.. Ford have stated that the Webbsite has a fault and further updates will not be available until year end. You'd be wasting your time. I did write to Ford tech suggesting they put some form of warning information on it but that hasn't happened.
Deleted User 361

Yep, probably for the best

Given I use CarPlay rather than sync it doesn't really matter anyway

(I did get a £20 Ford voucher out of my emails regarding the problems though, so it wasn't a complete waste of time)
Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

Hi just a quick question do I need my engine running to download updates it's been sitting in drive for the last 20mins downloading update with engine running and blue status bar has hardly moved also my map version is f8 any help/advice would be welcome
ST line X Agate Black 20.25 :D
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Bluebrazil wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:11 pm Hi just a quick question do I need my engine running to download updates it's been sitting in drive for the last 20mins downloading update with engine running and blue status bar has hardly moved also my map version is f8 any help/advice would be welcome
I don’t think so. I left mine the other week, went back and everything was up to date. Maps and Sync.
Deleted User 361

Mine always stopped 30 minutes after turning the ignition off

It carried on next time it had WiFi though