Sync software update !!!

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
robgee

Post by robgee »

Vantage wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:42 pm
Stevep999 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:18 pm there used to be an interrogator file you can download to produce a xml log file
Hi Stevep999, Thanks for this suggestion.

I found a link to the Interrogator Tool on an older thread. I tried this in the car and it did create a new xml file but am still getting a spinning circle when trying to upload. There must be something wrong with the map update on my car as that is now 2 separate xml's that don't work even though the car is showing F12 maps version on the Sync screen.

I think I'll do the whole update again and see how it goes.

Iainrr55 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:30 pm You could always try the CyanLabs route.....!
Hi Iainrr55, Thanks for this but I'm a bit of a technophobe so will try the update again.
What happens when you go to the page https://www.ford.co.uk/support/sync-maps-updates

Does it come up with

IT APPEARS THERE IS AN ISSUE WITH THE UPLOADED LOG FILE. OUR TEAM WILL REVIEW SHORTLY AND UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT TO REFLECT THE CURRENT VERSION OF SYNC IN YOUR VEHICLE. WE RECOMMEND USING WI-FI UPDATES WHERE AVAILABLE FOR YOUR VEHICLE.

If so go again to the CRC and say its not an issue with the update but its an update with the server as in a case i have with them CRM:027900276
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)

Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

I updated to f12 on Monday and will attempt the file update when we get home on Saturday.

Maps went well. Took about 50mins then a pause asking me to restart the car. As we were on the M1 I couldn’t stop but it carried on anyway. By the time we stopped for a break it was all done and dusted.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
KevC

Post by KevC »

Now 17 days since I uploaded the log file for them to 'check'. Still can't get to the map update.

I just emailed Customer Relations and they told me to take it to a dealer!
Sorry but no, the problem is not with the car, it's your server. It says YOUR team will sort it out. What a farce.
ST-Line X 125 Auto in Magnetic Grey with rev cam, front sensors and heated seats. (Had an original Puma in '99 too)
F-Type V8 coupe!
Vantage

Post by Vantage »

robgee wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:21 pm
Vantage wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:42 pm
Stevep999 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:18 pm there used to be an interrogator file you can download to produce a xml log file
Hi Stevep999, Thanks for this suggestion.

I found a link to the Interrogator Tool on an older thread. I tried this in the car and it did create a new xml file but am still getting a spinning circle when trying to upload. There must be something wrong with the map update on my car as that is now 2 separate xml's that don't work even though the car is showing F12 maps version on the Sync screen.

I think I'll do the whole update again and see how it goes.

Iainrr55 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:30 pm You could always try the CyanLabs route.....!
Hi Iainrr55, Thanks for this but I'm a bit of a technophobe so will try the update again.
What happens when you go to the page https://www.ford.co.uk/support/sync-maps-updates

Does it come up with

IT APPEARS THERE IS AN ISSUE WITH THE UPLOADED LOG FILE. OUR TEAM WILL REVIEW SHORTLY AND UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT TO REFLECT THE CURRENT VERSION OF SYNC IN YOUR VEHICLE. WE RECOMMEND USING WI-FI UPDATES WHERE AVAILABLE FOR YOUR VEHICLE.

If so go again to the CRC and say its not an issue with the update but its an update with the server as in a case i have with them CRM:027900276
Hi robgee, no, there is no message saying that there is any issue with the log file, it just has a spinning circle as if it’s trying to download the log file. This goes on for ages until I get fed up and log out of the website. I’ve tried on several occasions but all with the same result and it’s the same with the new file generated by the interrogator tool.

I’m currently downloading the updated F12 maps from the Ford site from scratch in case there is a glitch on one of the files even though the car itself is showing F12 maps on the Sync 3 screen.

I originally downloaded the maps in a series of short trips but never removing the USB until I got a message to do so. I’ll try and do it again as I have a 2 hour trip coming up and will try and do it in one hit.
Puma ST-Line X 155 | Manual | Grey Matter | Driver Assistance Pack | Winter Pack | Power Tailgate | Spare Wheel
TheConsultant

Post by TheConsultant »

Just chiming in here with my experiences of this farcical process, and wondering what possible resolutions there are.

I picked up our Puma last week, and when logging in to the Ford site it tells me there are Sync and Maps updates, but I must do the Sync update first.

Despite connecting the car to the home WiFi with a decent signal, it refuses to do an OTA update, claiming that the software is up to date when it clearly isn't (installed version is 22200, map version F11).

I do the USB method which appears to work perfectly within the car (just the Sync version, maps are still on F11), but when I upload the xml file it produces, states there's an issue with the file and their team will look into it and identify the correct version. Meanwhile the car still won't do an OTA update for the maps.

At times the Ford website has flashed up messages saying that remote updates are disabled on the car (which they're not), and provides a woefully unhelpful link that doesn't explain anything. Then I check again a few hours later and it reverts to the message about their team reviewing it shortly.

It's just a joke. I haven't been able to read all the messages on the recent pages of this thread - do their team ever get round to reviewing the xml and correcting things so I can get the maps downloaded? Why won't my car do an OTA update? :(
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Just put mine into the CRC system, not expecting anything stellar to happen, but it needed starting... :roll:
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
KevC

Post by KevC »

Even CRC is a pain the backside. Loads of questions to prove the car is mine and now they want a photo of the V5!!
Yeah because I'm maliciously trying to approve an update on a car that doesn't belong to me!
ST-Line X 125 Auto in Magnetic Grey with rev cam, front sensors and heated seats. (Had an original Puma in '99 too)
F-Type V8 coupe!
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

KevC wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:30 pm Even CRC is a pain the backside. Loads of questions to prove the car is mine and now they want a photo of the V5!!
Yeah because I'm maliciously trying to approve an update on a car that doesn't belong to me!
If I get anything like that I won't be happy.....I think I'd refuse and escalate it to Lisa Brankin (CEO) as CRC are not really getting to the bottom of the problem.

Edit:- As soon as I posted this I got a reply...They just wanted a photo of my screen showing the Sync version....The Case manager is phoning me on Tuesday afternoon....
KevC

Post by KevC »

I'll try and remember to get a photo of my screen tomorrow when i'm out, just in case they want that too, although I have already told them it has successfully updated and given me the log file.

One of the questions was
Has the vehicle been into a Ford Dealership for diagnosis? If so, please advise which dealership and what date it went in.
No, there is nothing wrong with the car!!
F-Type V8 coupe!
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

KevC wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:45 pm I'll try and remember to get a photo of my screen tomorrow when i'm out, just in case they want that too, although I have already told them it has successfully updated and given me the log file.

One of the questions was
Has the vehicle been into a Ford Dealership for diagnosis? If so, please advise which dealership and what date it went in.
No, there is nothing wrong with the car!!
All those questions that you get in the original email are generic and are asked for every query, they are not anything to do with a specific fault.