Sync software update !!!

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

lightfoot wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:16 am Just out of interest, do you know what may have caused this issue? For instance did you interrupt a map update before it completed etc. The last F10 map update took a good two hours, 30 minutes. I have always been careful to allow all USB updates to fully complete and I have never had an issue. Being retired helps as I have the time :D
It's just the final 8GB update that they say we need, but, we don't. There is a fault in the download that Ford know about and it's not needed.
All updates have worked for me also other than this. Not even worth trying to install it.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

Sparks wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:48 am
lightfoot wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:16 am Just out of interest, do you know what may have caused this issue? For instance did you interrupt a map update before it completed etc. The last F10 map update took a good two hours, 30 minutes. I have always been careful to allow all USB updates to fully complete and I have never had an issue. Being retired helps as I have the time :D
It's just the final 8GB update that they say we need, but, we don't. There is a fault in the download that Ford know about and it's not needed.
All updates have worked for me also other than this. Not even worth trying to install it.

All my updates are shown as complete, no 8GB map update available for me. 3.4.21194 F10.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

lightfoot wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:19 pm
Sparks wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:48 am

All my updates are shown as complete, no 8GB map update available for me. 3.4.21194 F10.
Not everyone has been issued it.....Probably because it's not really an actual update.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Ford site says I have a900 Meg update, car says none available????
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
mirrormask

Post by mirrormask »

Re the map update, it says I need to apply the update on a 2-hour drive. I never do a 2-hour drive. The most I do is around 50 minutes. I can honestly say that I will never drive for more than an hour without stopping. This is a combination of old age and a weak bladder. :lol:
Ford Puma Titanium 1.0L EcoBoost mHEV 92KW/125PS Lucid Red Nov 2020
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

mirrormask wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:44 pm Re the map update, it says I need to apply the update on a 2-hour drive. I never do a 2-hour drive. The most I do is around 50 minutes. I can honestly say that I will never drive for more than an hour without stopping. This is a combination of old age and a weak bladder. :lol:
:lol: Not to worry, it won't take 2 hours, My longest one was 45 mins..
mirrormask

Post by mirrormask »

Sparks wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:10 pm
mirrormask wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:44 pm Re the map update, it says I need to apply the update on a 2-hour drive. I never do a 2-hour drive. The most I do is around 50 minutes. I can honestly say that I will never drive for more than an hour without stopping. This is a combination of old age and a weak bladder. :lol:
:lol: Not to worry, it won't take 2 hours, My longest one was 45 mins..
Thanks. In that case, I'll give it a go.
Ford Puma Titanium 1.0L EcoBoost mHEV 92KW/125PS Lucid Red Nov 2020
Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

mirrormask wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:38 pm Thanks. In that case, I'll give it a go.

I wouldn’t start unless you can finish (said the actress …). My F10 map update took a good 2 hours 30 minutes.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

lightfoot wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:52 pm
mirrormask wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:38 pm Thanks. In that case, I'll give it a go.

I wouldn’t start unless you can finish (said the actress …). My F10 map update took a good 2 hours 30 minutes.
Bloody hell! If that's the case for everyone it's a wonder any are done at all.....It would be interesting to try and get an average install time...As I posted mine was around 45 minutes, which was lucky as the trip was around 50 minutes.
I doubt I would have installed it if it was going to take any longer....I don't use the maps, so don't really need the updates.
sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

Yup, 2.5hrs for a 22GB F10 map update is crazy. As mentioned I wouldn’t start unless you can finish ;)
https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6