Sync software update !!!

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

Tried other browsers, still can’t download any updates (and neither can the car OTA)

Ford swear blind there’s no known problems with their update servers (lol)

Now waiting to hear back from sync support

Mike

Post by Mike »

Stoopo wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:11 pm Well. I’ve just been out shopping with the wife and whilst she was in a shop I didn’t want to go into I had a look at my sync, etc. It seems I’m not only up to date with that but also my maps are showing as F10. Obviously done over the Wi-Fi whilst sat on the drive.

I’m not going to mess about with it any more now - just let it sort itself out whilst it’s sat doing nothing.
I agree, have struggled with the latest updates via my Mac so just letting WiFi do it when the car is on the drive( doesn’t get a signal in the garage). Ford emailed me to see how I was getting on so let them know that there are a lot of Puma owners sick of wasting time carrying out updates that should be automatically done in the background and would it not make more sense to have smaller updates.. Also said they need to make it easier for Mac owners.
I know some of you have no issues but for those of us who do it drives me nuts.
My car is showing f10 maps but still doing updates and no dab logos yet.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Deleted User 361

iOS app update to 3.25 available
Smartin

Post by Smartin »

I installed the Sync update via USB stick but as car does not go on long enough journeys to allow it to install the map updates that way without being interrupted, decided to hook the car up to the home wi-fi. It has been downloading and installing bits as it goes. On Saturday, I turned on the ignition whilst giving the car a quick wash and saw that it was installing a file but then I looked a few minutes later and it said update complete :-) I thought that it might have just meant that particular file had completed but asking the car to check for updates came back as up to date. A quick glance at the software versions showed maps as F10.

Going on the Ford website, it still says maps need updating. I'm still seeing the amount of data downloaded to the mac address used by the car going up so I guess it has found something else to download and install!
DesertIslandBlue

Post by DesertIslandBlue »

Smartin wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:28 pm I installed the Sync update via USB stick but as car does not go on long enough journeys to allow it to install the map updates that way without being interrupted, decided to hook the car up to the home wi-fi. It has been downloading and installing bits as it goes. On Saturday, I turned on the ignition whilst giving the car a quick wash and saw that it was installing a file but then I looked a few minutes later and it said update complete :-) I thought that it might have just meant that particular file had completed but asking the car to check for updates came back as up to date. A quick glance at the software versions showed maps as F10.

Going on the Ford website, it still says maps need updating. I'm still seeing the amount of data downloaded to the mac address used by the car going up so I guess it has found something else to download and install!
Even with a partial maps/gracenote update you will get the latest version showing in sync (though there are more updates to download/install).
ST Line X mHEV 125 Desert Island Blue DAP+CP+HFPT
Deleted User 361

Mines given up the ghost on WiFi updates & can’t download from the website either

Currently waiting on Ford tech for a solution

As DIB says, it shows F10 etc. even though there’s loads more to still install over WiFi
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I think that Sync 3 is now completely screwed and not really worth having, especially the Navigation element. Questionable whether maps are completely up to date, I wouldn't trust it,. Voice recognition extremely hit and miss, manual input just a pain.
It's not worth the stress dealing with the updates. Everyone has a very workable alternative at their disposal.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
manc

Post by manc »

I installed the full 22GB map update, via USB even though the car is hooked up to Wifi
It did say more map uopdates, but nothing to Download, wondering if it did on Wifi. I did the USB Error so it creates a new Logfile and uploaded it. The message has now disappeared
So all is well
Puma ST-Line Vignale 1.0 125PS Mhev in Desert Island Blue (19" Alloys, PTG, Sunroof)
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Checked yesterday and I’ve lost the temperature change by voice option. She just tells me to use the dials.

Also Sat Nav couldn’t find a postcode that google maps found straight away.

Not good. It seems one step forward and two back with Sync. At least it’s not just Pumas. All new Ford owners are suffering the same issues.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Still waiting for it to finish downloading via wifi, will stick the car on the drive tomorrow and still no dab logos
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )