Sync software update !!!

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Mike

Post by Mike »

DesertIslandBlue wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:19 am
Mike wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:52 pm This is beginning to drive me nuts, cannot understand why Ford who know there is an issue with Mac users cannot sort it, unsure whether I have copied the files over correctly or not now onto my usb
I downloaded them, unzipped the files then put in one folder sync my ride, transferred the 3 files to my usb so was showing sync my ride, auto install and the doc folder, went to the car and checked what was showing
Gracenote 1.11.2316 (EU-0020)
Nav maps version F10

Still trying to download something via WiFi and when I put my usb stick in I get either
ERROR CODE LST_ERR05 download file again and retry to install
Or
Installation complete, remove your usb and updates will take effect the next time your vehicle is started.

Everything looks like it is working except where the dab radio symbol should be I am getting the antenna symbol with what looks like a faint antenna symbol slightly to the left and approx twice the size.

Left it in the garage still trying to download another file via WiFi.
Have a quick read of this forum post:https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/t ... yone-help/
Thanks will give it a more thorough read and have another go .
Last install used winzip and after initial issue worked a treat, not having it this time though.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )

Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

I think I’ll continue to monitor and install the sync updates but the 22gb map update can do one.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
jake52

Post by jake52 »

Did the 22gb map update this weekend and it didn't appear to take anywhere near as long as the Sync update. I wonder if it does a comparison of new Vs old and only applies the relevant changes.
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

Went to give the OTA updates a kick this morning, as it’s so slow, and sync screen just stayed blank

Stuck it in reverse and camera was working, but when I put it back in park the camera stayed on

Had to do a power/skip buttons reset to get it going again. Not sure what happened

OTA updates are still in progress though, probably going to be some weeks to complete as don’t want to drain the battery flat
Deleted User 702

Post by Deleted User 702 »

I find it amazing that Ford believe any Sync 3 or map update (USB or OTA) will drain the battery. Any smartphone can download and install a full system upgrade or similarly TomTom Go with full maps in minutes. And this is with a battery the size of a credit card.
What's going on?
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

If they sped up their OTA update infrastructure (specifically how fast it can download the updates) there wouldn’t be any issues

I can download the usb stick 23gb update in 12 minutes or so, but the car downloads only a couple hundred meg (a guesstimate) in 30 minutes OTA
Deleted User 702

Agreed. But if they just left the OTA or USB running with the engine off would it really cause a flat battery any more so than the alarm or FordPass running continually? Don't understand it.
manc

Post by manc »

A bit strange, I did the Sych 3 update, followed by the huge map update a few weeks ago. Every thing registered fine, then said no updates available. Today look and says map update is available, click it and says nothing to download,
Your software is already up-to-date. No action is required.
What is going on?
Puma ST-Line Vignale 1.0 125PS Mhev in Desert Island Blue (19" Alloys, PTG, Sunroof)
Deleted User 702

I had that a few weeks back. Then I realised I wasn't scrolling down the page far enough. First it said software up to date and further down..... Map update available. User error in my case!
manc

Post by manc »

Hi Now the available has disappeared, vey strange. Must have forgot I had already done the update for a short while
Puma ST-Line Vignale 1.0 125PS Mhev in Desert Island Blue (19" Alloys, PTG, Sunroof)