Sync software update !!!

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Mike

Post by Mike »

No , mine downloads whilst parked on the drive, a bit hit and miss in the garage though.
No more usb sticks and trying to unzip on my Mac, let the WiFi take the strain.

Ford are checking to see if mine is up to date or not and if the latest map update is a site issue ?
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )

Smartin

Post by Smartin »

For those that have done the Sync/map updates via wifi, if the car starts to connect and then disconnect from the wifi network after just a couple of minutes is that a way of telling that the car is up to date so it has dropped the connection? Had routinely remained connected for 30 minutes before but now, after downloading over 50Gb, it is now only staying connected for 2 or 3 minutes?
Mike

Post by Mike »

Ford say mine is all up to date it is a site issue with it saying I have another maps update
They want to book mine into a dealer to sort the DAB logo issue, might agree and they can check the brakes again .
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Tommo56

Post by Tommo56 »

Having just got my Puma i wanted to ensure the software was up-to-date. I enabled Wi-Fi in the car in hopes to update software and maps.

Does the car WiFi shut down after a while? Or stay live to allow a 23GB map update? I did try to install the maps via USB and it went from F9 to F10 almost immediately on the display but it then continued with the update but has failed twice now after hour and half and I really don't want to waste my time on it if such a large update should be do-able via WiFi.

Also, on the DAB logo issue, just thought I'd mention I'd experienced the loss of logos when i enabled slideshow on the radio settings menu. Disabled it and they came back.
2021.75 Puma, STLineX Vignale, MHEV, 155bhp, 7spDCT, Fantastic Red.
Winter pack, Massage seats, B&O audio, Fixed LED headlights - all standard AFAIK. Accessories fitted: "AAWireless" Android Auto, rubber floor and megabox mats.
Andy K

Post by Andy K »

Tommo56 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:51 am Having just got my Puma i wanted to ensure the software was up-to-date. I enabled Wi-Fi in the car in hopes to update software and maps.

Does the car WiFi shut down after a while? Or stay live to allow a 23GB map update? I did try to install the maps via USB and it went from F9 to F10 almost immediately on the display but it then continued with the update but has failed twice now after hour and half and I really don't want to waste my time on it if such a large update should be do-able via WiFi.

Also, on the DAB logo issue, just thought I'd mention I'd experienced the loss of logos when i enabled slideshow on the radio settings menu. Disabled it and they came back.
Mine has also just updated itself to Sync 3.4, and the radio logo’s were missing. So, as per your advice, I too disabled slideshow, and they returned, except 5 live for some strange reason. But, thanks for the heads up on this, very helpful.
I wonder what slideshow is?
Ford Puma Titanium 1.0 125 Ecoboost. All Options (exc. sunroof). Grey Matter.
Tommo56

Post by Tommo56 »

Andy K wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:45 pm
Tommo56 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:51 am Having just got my Puma i wanted to ensure the software was up-to-date. I enabled Wi-Fi in the car in hopes to update software and maps.

Mine has also just updated itself to Sync 3.4, and the radio logo’s were missing. So, as per your advice, I too disabled slideshow, and they returned, except 5 live for some strange reason. But, thanks for the heads up on this, very helpful.
I wonder what slideshow is?
DAB Slideshow sends images alongside audio and this can be something as simple as the station logo and branding, information on the track currently playing or additional information to supplement news, weather and traffic reports. Station branding and song information are the most popular Slideshow images to send, from something as simple as the station logo through to webcam images showing the presenters at work.

Got that info from Google, I don't think their are many, if any, UK DAB stations that have implemented it. Which, I'm guessing, is why when it's enabled the logo area is blank here in the UK.
2021.75 Puma, STLineX Vignale, MHEV, 155bhp, 7spDCT, Fantastic Red.
Winter pack, Massage seats, B&O audio, Fixed LED headlights - all standard AFAIK. Accessories fitted: "AAWireless" Android Auto, rubber floor and megabox mats.
jimmy999

Post by jimmy999 »

Re this map update. Yesterday when my car was in the dealer they told me NOT to download the big map update as it is breaking a lot of systems. Making it cometely useless and only showing a black screen. I have my map update on a USB stick ready to upload but as it takes about 2 hrs I haven't done so. They have told me that ford do not have an answer and don't know when they will. At the moment I am being advised to use Google maps. In the words of my dealer " download the update at your peril".
(Formerly) Puma ST Line X Vignale 155 ps Agate Black. (Now) 23.75 Kuga 2.5 ltr FHEV. Vignale. Lucid Red. Driver's Assistance & Technology packs. Spare Wheel and Dash Cam.
Deleted User 702

Post by Deleted User 702 »

Just checked my account on the Ford website and under Sync Updates it says "Not applicable for your Ford".
Not seen that one before .
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

jimmy999 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:48 pm Re this map update. Yesterday when my car was in the dealer they told me NOT to download the big map update as it is breaking a lot of systems. Making it cometely useless and only showing a black screen. I have my map update on a USB stick ready to upload but as it takes about 2 hrs I haven't done so. They have told me that ford do not have an answer and don't know when they will. At the moment I am being advised to use Google maps. In the words of my dealer " download the update at your peril".

I didn't have a problem (doomed now!) with the F10 map update. If I remember right it took a good two and a half hours. I believe the problems arise where people interrupt the install. Unless you are talking about a F11 update I think your dealer is just playing safe as many don't realise just how long it could take and break their systems.
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

Just tried to do a sync update check and get:

“Looks like something went wrong. Please try again in a few moments”