Sync software update !!!

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
DesertIslandBlue

Post by DesertIslandBlue »

Can’t remember now where I read it but naming the stick can help? Maybe nonsense as it could have been an American forum for sync updates issues…
I renamed mine FORD and haven’t had any issues (also using a Sandisk). As Stevep999 pointed out above, these are the only file/folders you should have.
ST Line X mHEV 125 Desert Island Blue DAP+CP+HFPT

Britton

Post by Britton »

I gave up with the stick in the end and did a master reset and then did all updates over WiFi, it worked a lot better, still no faster though, bloody hours of my life lost!
155 ST-Line X Vignale
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Alan321 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:19 pm
Sparks wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:55 pm Standbye.....You will get another 8GB maps update any day soon..... :lol:
What does that one take me to?
No idea, it's refused to load in mine so far.... :lol:
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Alan321

Post by Alan321 »

Sparks wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:31 pm
Sparks wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:55 pm Standbye.....You will get another 8GB maps update any day soon..... :lol:
That's about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike lol. How does it notify you that there's an update available?
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Alan321 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:26 pm

That's about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike lol. How does it notify you that there's an update available?
:D :D I thought you had gone through a login journey? So, excuse me if I'm telling you how to suck eggs, but, this is the way I get them....
You check on your Ford login....Here. https://sso.ci.ford.co.uk/authsvc/mtfim ... page=login
Or, enter your VIN.....Here. https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources- ... oth/update#/
Alan321

Post by Alan321 »

Sparks wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:46 pm

:D :D I thought you had gone through a login journey? So, excuse me if I'm telling you how to suck eggs, but, this is the way I get them....
You check on your Ford login....Here. https://sso.ci.ford.co.uk/authsvc/mtfim ... page=login
Or, enter your VIN.....Here. https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources- ... oth/update#/
Sorry mate, yes I know about the two ways you kindly linked to, it's via there (and following info on here) that I've done my update saga. Mine still says I'm up to date, hopefully fora while. BTW I haven't noticed any difference after the updates.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Alan321 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:26 pm
Sparks wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:46 pm

Sorry mate, yes I know about the two ways you kindly linked to, it's via there (and following info on here) that I've done my update saga. Mine still says I'm up to date, hopefully fora while. BTW I haven't noticed any difference after the updates.
I got the last 8GB update about 4 or 5 days after the larger one was installed. I thought that had screwed up as well, but, it seems fine....Not sure what these updates do, they aren't important to me really, I don't use the cars sat nav or anything else on the centre screen really, it's all Android Auto for me. I just try the updates as when I can be bothered on a longer trip. I've stopped going out of my way to install them. As you say, I've not noticed any real differences, I guess there are some map changes, but, nothing I've noticed.
Mike

Post by Mike »

This is beginning to drive me nuts, cannot understand why Ford who know there is an issue with Mac users cannot sort it, unsure whether I have copied the files over correctly or not now onto my usb
I downloaded them, unzipped the files then put in one folder sync my ride, transferred the 3 files to my usb so was showing sync my ride, auto install and the doc folder, went to the car and checked what was showing
Gracenote 1.11.2316 (EU-0020)
Nav maps version F10

Still trying to download something via WiFi and when I put my usb stick in I get either
ERROR CODE LST_ERR05 download file again and retry to install
Or
Installation complete, remove your usb and updates will take effect the next time your vehicle is started.

Everything looks like it is working except where the dab radio symbol should be I am getting the antenna symbol with what looks like a faint antenna symbol slightly to the left and approx twice the size.

Left it in the garage still trying to download another file via WiFi.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Mike

Post by Mike »

Cannot even log out of the Ford site. - 🤬🤬
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
DesertIslandBlue

Post by DesertIslandBlue »

Mike wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:52 pm This is beginning to drive me nuts, cannot understand why Ford who know there is an issue with Mac users cannot sort it, unsure whether I have copied the files over correctly or not now onto my usb
I downloaded them, unzipped the files then put in one folder sync my ride, transferred the 3 files to my usb so was showing sync my ride, auto install and the doc folder, went to the car and checked what was showing
Gracenote 1.11.2316 (EU-0020)
Nav maps version F10

Still trying to download something via WiFi and when I put my usb stick in I get either
ERROR CODE LST_ERR05 download file again and retry to install
Or
Installation complete, remove your usb and updates will take effect the next time your vehicle is started.

Everything looks like it is working except where the dab radio symbol should be I am getting the antenna symbol with what looks like a faint antenna symbol slightly to the left and approx twice the size.

Left it in the garage still trying to download another file via WiFi.
Have a quick read of this forum post:https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/t ... yone-help/
ST Line X mHEV 125 Desert Island Blue DAP+CP+HFPT