Sync software update !!!

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Vendee, My Vignale was delivered in December with F10 already installed, only needed to download the Sync 3.4 update. Yet it still shows F10 update available for my car. There is an issue with the latest map update which Ford are aware of so I will wait for F11to show up.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.

Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Rizmo wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:49 am Vendee, My Vignale was delivered in December with F10 already installed, only needed to download the Sync 3.4 update. Yet it still shows F10 update available for my car. There is an issue with the latest map update which Ford are aware of so I will wait for F11to show up.
No I've definitely only got F9 installed. I know that yours was delivered before mine but mine may have been built earlier. Nov 8th.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Pawprint66

Post by Pawprint66 »

Rays1 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:53 pm
Stoopo wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:53 pm Just checked my software and sync is up to date but I have an 8gb maps update (much better than the 22gb they wanted me to update before (which I ignored).

Still it’s a damn good drive somewhere and I’m not sure I’ll be going that far anytime soon.

I doubt it will update over Wi-Fi. Anyone been successful with such a large Wi-Fi update?
If you're sync system v3.4 is showing that you have F10 maps installed.. Then ignore the so called 8.6gb map update. It is a known error on the Ford web site and will not update anything on your system (it will error out). Simply wait until you either get notification of a new sync 3.4 xxxxx version or F11 maps hit the streets.
Same theme.
Just updating everything over wifi on my new Transit Connect.
F9 to F10. (which it says it now has). It's very slow going but it is doing it. Not sure how far in I am but I'll let you know how it copes. This will be the first time I have updated the system without putting everything on a USB. My Puma included. If it works, it will be interesting to see if you need to do a key cycle afterwards.
2020 Puma ST - Line X First Edition - 125 mHEV - Race Red - (Released back into the wild)
2023 Puma ST - Frozen White - Driver Assistance Pack & Powered Tailgate - Machined Magnetite Wheels
Pawprint66

Post by Pawprint66 »

Vendee wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:12 am Possible silly question here:- I did my Sync 3.4 update the other day and it went fine. I've downloaded the F10 maps update onto a USB stick and I plan to install that tomorrow on a trip out. Can I still use the satnav for navigation while the update is in progress?
It's a bit hit and miss. It may work for a while then become a bit "clunky" in operation and other features may not be available whilst its updating.
2020 Puma ST - Line X First Edition - 125 mHEV - Race Red - (Released back into the wild)
2023 Puma ST - Frozen White - Driver Assistance Pack & Powered Tailgate - Machined Magnetite Wheels
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Vendée,my Vignale build date was November 05.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Pawprint66 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:11 pm
Rays1 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:53 pm
Stoopo wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:53 pm Just checked my software and sync is up to date but I have an 8gb maps update (much better than the 22gb they wanted me to update before (which I ignored).

Still it’s a damn good drive somewhere and I’m not sure I’ll be going that far anytime soon.

I doubt it will update over Wi-Fi. Anyone been successful with such a large Wi-Fi update?
If you're sync system v3.4 is showing that you have F10 maps installed.. Then ignore the so called 8.6gb map update. It is a known error on the Ford web site and will not update anything on your system (it will error out). Simply wait until you either get notification of a new sync 3.4 xxxxx version or F11 maps hit the streets.
Keep in touch 🙂

Same theme.
Just updating everything over wifi on my new Transit Connect.
F9 to F10. (which it says it now has). It's very slow going but it is doing it. Not sure how far in I am but I'll let you know how it copes. This will be the first time I have updated the system without putting everything on a USB. My Puma included. If it works, it will be interesting to see if you need to do a key cycle afterwards.
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Pawprint66 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:13 pm
Vendee wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:12 am Possible silly question here:- I did my Sync 3.4 update the other day and it went fine. I've downloaded the F10 maps update onto a USB stick and I plan to install that tomorrow on a trip out. Can I still use the satnav for navigation while the update is in progress?
It's a bit hit and miss. It may work for a while then become a bit "clunky" in operation and other features may not be available whilst its updating.
Thanks for that.... best to be forewarned.
sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

Don't forget you'll need plenty of time and patience. And don't be tempted to whip out the USB until it's done. 👍
https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Well I got the update done today but what a pain!! Ford's figure of 90 minutes to 2 hours for the update is quite optimistic. It took me 2 hours 20 minutes. We were on a trip to the coast today where the journey time was 1 hour 30 minutes so I started the update before we started off for home. By the time we got home it hadn't completed so I dropped the wife off and I carried on driving up and down the A11 until it completed. This took another 50 minutes. I followed the instructions for completing the update including a couple of restarts and I'm now on F10 maps.

Is there actually a way of doing these updates without driving the car? I assume the car needs to be powered up for the duration of the update? There's got to be some way of doing it.
EggsNBacon

Post by EggsNBacon »

Need to buy a USB flash drive for Map Update will buying a 3.0 make a difference over a 2.0 version?

Sat in the car doing some updates over wifi yesterday, just gives you a file name and update complete, without telling you what it has actually updated, which seems surprising, so no idea what I have updated.

4 files took nearly 2 hours and no idea what they corresponded to once installed and assume there is more to go. I'll have to make a note of the software versions in the display next time i do any updates over wifi, to see if any number versions, change for it once updated. But maps are still definitely on F9 and if that is the big update, then doing it by Flash drive seems to be necessary as over wi-fi whatever I downloaded yesterday was painfully slow.
Ford Puma ST-LINE MHEV 1.0L EcoBoost 125PS mHEV Petrol - Agate Black