Sync software update !!!

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
mirrormask

Post by mirrormask »

Postscript - second failed attempt to update the maps. I just don't drive far enough for the update to complete. However, I did discover that it will happily run Android Auto while simultaneously performing the update. It's just annoying that you can't get rid of the updating message at the top of the screen which partly obscures the Android Auto display.
Ford Puma Titanium 1.0L EcoBoost mHEV 92KW/125PS Lucid Red Nov 2020

nigzc

Post by nigzc »

Sparks wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:01 am You could discard the Sync stuff and use Android Auto. It's much better than anything Ford has in the sync system.
You can get units that allow wireless connection to the screen if you don't like the cable connections.
Sync 3 is only just acceptable as a system, 2.5 must be woeful.
What are the units to enable wire free connection please?
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

nigzc wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:44 pm
Sparks wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:01 am You could discard the Sync stuff and use Android Auto. It's much better than anything Ford has in the sync system.
You can get units that allow wireless connection to the screen if you don't like the cable connections.
Sync 3 is only just acceptable as a system, 2.5 must be woeful.
What are the units to enable wire free connection please?
there are two start ups on Indiegogo producing units. AFAIK they both work the same.
The one I have is AAWireless:- https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/aawireless#/
The other is Carsifi:- https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cars ... -adapter#/
My AAWireless unit works flawlessly, it connects before I've left the drive and there is very little lag in controlling Android Auto. As far as I'm concerned
Sync 3 doesn't exist. I have a choice of SatNav systems that don't need a long drive to update and have more choice of entertainment. Spotify works
exceptionally well. All the steering wheel buttons work as well to control Spotify etc.
Having the wireless charger in the car makes sure the phone isn't rendered useless when the trips finished. :D
Word of warning, these are start ups, so, it's not like shopping on Amazon, there is a wait for delivery, they've all had problems getting chips like other
tech companies.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
nigzc

Post by nigzc »

Thanks for that, never heard of those before, are they only android or iOS as well?
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

nigzc wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:32 pm Thanks for that, never heard of those before, are they only android or iOS as well?
Only Android, I believe there are devices for Apple Carplay, but, I don't use their products so can't comment really..
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
nigzc

Post by nigzc »

Cheers 👍🏻
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Just checked my software and sync is up to date but I have an 8gb maps update (much better than the 22gb they wanted me to update before (which I ignored).

Still it’s a damn good drive somewhere and I’m not sure I’ll be going that far anytime soon.

I doubt it will update over Wi-Fi. Anyone been successful with such a large Wi-Fi update?
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Stoopo wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:53 pm Just checked my software and sync is up to date but I have an 8gb maps update (much better than the 22gb they wanted me to update before (which I ignored).

Still it’s a damn good drive somewhere and I’m not sure I’ll be going that far anytime soon.

I doubt it will update over Wi-Fi. Anyone been successful with such a large Wi-Fi update?
If you're sync system v3.4 is showing that you have F10 maps installed.. Then ignore the so called 8.6gb map update. It is a known error on the Ford web site and will not update anything on your system (it will error out). Simply wait until you either get notification of a new sync 3.4 xxxxx version or F11 maps hit the streets.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Rays1 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:53 pm
Stoopo wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:53 pm Just checked my software and sync is up to date but I have an 8gb maps update (much better than the 22gb they wanted me to update before (which I ignored).

If you're sync system v3.4 is showing that you have F10 maps installed.. Then ignore the so called 8.6gb map update. It is a known error on the Ford web site and will not update anything on your system (it will error out). Simply wait until you either get notification of a new sync 3.4 xxxxx version or F11 maps hit the streets.

Cheers. I have F10. I’ll wait then 👍
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Possible silly question here:- I did my Sync 3.4 update the other day and it went fine. I've downloaded the F10 maps update onto a USB stick and I plan to install that tomorrow on a trip out. Can I still use the satnav for navigation while the update is in progress?
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic