Sync software update !!!

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
mirrormask

Post by mirrormask »

Okay, as it keeps popping up (well - twice so far) here's the error I'm getting following an aborted maps update. Sorry about my big paws getting in on the act. I'm fairly sure that this wasn't the original error message, but I can't prove it.

syn3mapserror.jpg

Ford Puma Titanium 1.0L EcoBoost mHEV 92KW/125PS Lucid Red Nov 2020

Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

Google is your friend https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 6cDC0Yqqdp apparently, the question has been asked loads of times. Do a search for "error code lst005"
Mike

Post by Mike »

more messing about to get a software update, they need to follow the likes of Audi where updates are loaded without the owner getting involved
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

Mike wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:27 pm more messing about to get a software update, they need to follow the likes of Audi where updates are loaded without the owner getting involved
:shock: :shock: :shock: I don't know about all Audi models but on my ex A1 maps came on a SD card and had to be downloaded by the dealer AND was linked to the car's VIN (card could not be sold or used in another car) AND they wanted £350-500 for the privilege.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Maybe the more expensive Audis, sort of know someone with an electric suv and there updates are done without any interference from the driver.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Mikibg

Post by Mikibg »

Hello everyone. I have Puma Titanium with Sync 2.5, android auto works quite good, I am using Sygic navigation... So is there a possibility to update on Sync 3, so to get fabric navigation...? Thank you
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Mikibg wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:49 pm Hello everyone. I have Puma Titanium with Sync 2.5, android auto works quite good, I am using Sygic navigation... So is there a possibility to update on Sync 3, so to get fabric navigation...? Thank you
The Sync version called Sync 2.5 is called Ford Sync 3 Light. The difference between both is Ford reducing cost by removing the APIM module and simulating the SYNC 3 directly in the Audit Control Module (ACM). Connectors are different, the ACM with Sync 2.5 has a 32 square connector while the Sync 3 has a 52 pin connector. I believe you would need to replace the ACM and a new dashboard harness since it is one single piece whilst also adding a new APIM module. The screen in Sync 2.5 is apparantly exactly the same as for used for SYNC 3.
So in a nut shell not an easy conversion.
Mikibg

Post by Mikibg »

Thanks for quick response. Yes, I heard on other sites about those modules, but no exact answers is it possible or not... Yes it is but, big BUT, probably is expensive, and only will get navigation, but as I mentioned Sygic works quite good, better I think then waze... And works in offline. They, as always in auto industry complicates, so you should change almost 5 things to get one, instead they easily can configure that we can later update software...but no problem, car is fantastic!!
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

You could discard the Sync stuff and use Android Auto. It's much better than anything Ford has in the sync system.
You can get units that allow wireless connection to the screen if you don't like the cable connections.
Sync 3 is only just acceptable as a system, 2.5 must be woeful.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Mikibg

Post by Mikibg »

Sygic works quite good, I will try with waze, i know the roads, and the way when U am going, even abroad I see in advance everything, of course, but I like navigations hehe... However Sygic can work by wifi connection, or only by cable? That units will get and should pay to mobile providers ?