Sync software update !!!

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Duncraig

Post by Duncraig »

I got my update in after a few false starts. This is purely what I found and might not apply to others. Download and extract directly to the USB stick using a Windows machine. I used an old Win 7 laptop I dug out of storage. Using my Mac didn't build the Directory properly on the stick and created duplicate files. Even manually creating the SyncMyRide on the stick didn't work. On the Windows version it took a shade over 12 minutes to update the car. The lock, wait two minutes then unlock is important to kick off the final bit. Maps are F8 and the Build is 20136 up from 19200 on my Dec 2019 car. Any body else looked at the stick after the update and spotted the XML log file written by the car in the SyncMyRide folder?

Screenshot 2020-09-26 at 17.20.50.png

Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

zoo wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:16 am
Spearmint wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:58 pm So the files shouldn’t be extracted. That’s where I’m going wrong. Weird as I’ve had a message saying software update will take place after next time I start the car. Will try again later
I have the same problem. I finally figured out how to extract etc. and then it says the same thing all the time...What did you do to resolve it and install the update? Thanks.
On a Mac, use Disk Utility to format the USB drive to exFAT format.

On the USB, create a folder called "SyncMyRide" Two files, autoinstall.lst and DONTINDX.MSA need to go in the root directory on the USB, the remaining 4 flies need to be renamed. After downloading, they'll start with "SyncMyRide\xxxxxxx" etc, you need to delete the "SyncMyRide\" part, do this with all 4 files and place those 4 files in to the folder you created called "SyncMyRide".

Eject the USB and try doing the install.

Screenshot 2020-09-26 at 17.25.31.png

Screenshot 2020-09-26 at 17.33.16.png

Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
zoo

Post by zoo »

For those having a mac, download Winzip. It does everything for you.
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Duncraig wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:30 pm Any body else looked at the stick after the update and spotted the XML log file written by the car in the SyncMyRide folder?
Yes, go back to the sync download page and it asks you to complete the set up by sending the xml file to Ford.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Duncraig

Post by Duncraig »

Thanks, I'll send it to them now. As a new user if this doesn't quote Spearmint in my reply how do I do I quoted reply?
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Duncraig wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:32 pm Thanks, I'll send it to them now. As a new user if this doesn't quote Spearmint in my reply how do I do I quoted reply?
Click on the quotation marks top right of the comment box...
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
robgee

Post by robgee »

I have been reading through some other Ford forums and it seems the Wi-fi update might be working so if anyone who hasn’t updated yet connects to a Wi-fi network it might be worth checking for an update from sync. Also they have been saying after they have updated and sent the confirmation log to Ford they are being offered the a map update
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

robgee wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:41 pm I have been reading through some other Ford forums and it seems the Wi-fi update might be working so if anyone who hasn’t updated yet connects to a Wi-fi network it might be worth checking for an update from sync. Also they have been saying after they have updated and sent the confirmation log to Ford they are being offered the a map update
Had mine connected to the house WiFi with a strong signal and it just kept telling me it was up to date after checking....Nothing ever downloaded, all good with the USB method though. Not being offered any map updates yet.
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Has anyones page changed shown now upto date, after they've uploaded the log file. Did mine Fri AM, no change as of yet, still offering original download
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Stevep999 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:55 pm Has anyones page changed shown now upto date, after they've uploaded the log file. Did mine Fri AM, no change as of yet, still offering original download
Have you uploaded the XML file, created by the installation, to the site yet?...