Sync software update !!!

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

And yet when I enter my Pumas VIN on the sync update site, I get this.......

Screenshot_20201118-172400_Chrome.jpg

Iainrr55

Post by Iainrr55 »

I've had most of the issues people have posted here over the years that I had my Focus and since I've had the Puma.
It has been posted before but I'm definitely now a convert to using Cyanlabs loader rather than the official Ford site.

https://cyanlabs.net/applications/syn3-updater/

It's improved further with the latest update to Syn3Updater and has the latest Sync and map updates before they show at Ford site. The only down side is you can't log any updates to the Ford official site.
Titanium First Edition 125 -> 155 mhev
----- Lucid Red ------
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

WDF..........I had this message for months, despite loading all updates and log files. Constantly offered me the last, file name 1186 ? Sync update. Only after I went to dealer and they plugged if in and uploaded APIM and TCU did it offer me F9. I was sitting in showroom whilst all thus was being done and maps were offered immediately rest was updated. Ford update site is crap
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Stevep999 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:17 pm WDF..........I had this message for months, despite loading all updates and log files. Constantly offered me the last, file name 1186 ? Sync update. Only after I went to dealer and they plugged if in and uploaded APIM and TCU did it offer me F9. I was sitting in showroom whilst all thus was being done and maps were offered immediately rest was updated. Ford update site is crap
Thanks. I hear you. Dealer told me sync was updated last week when the car was in for module updates etc... I know this failed as my software version is still 19*** Laughable isn't it. I had all these issues with my mk.8 FiST. I swore I'd not bother with any of it again. I should just take my own advice. 😁
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Have you checked what they did on ETIS
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

Does a green dot in the Software Updates column mean that a software update is available? My Dealer is telling me there is nothing available.

A338B828-BD14-4F8F-B04D-421F76486FDF.jpeg

robgee

Post by robgee »

Yes , looks like you have an update for TCU module, mine shows the same .

I will hopefully have some more spare time soon and will look into if its anything that can be applied yourself with software thats out on the web
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Yes. I had the TCU update applied, I can see it in the ETIS log but it still shows as green. It was the APIM upload that pinged the map update through

Dealers don't like doing upgrades. I was told the key words are " ford pass issues " ;-)

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Stevep999 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:25 pm Have you checked what they did on ETIS
Rob was good enough to check for me. IPMA , BCM, PCM and TCU were updated. Service manager tried to update sync using his own memory stick.
mart108

Post by mart108 »

Mine was stuck on the 883mb update for a couple of months despite doing the update and uploading the log file. Then yesterday when checked it said the 22gb map update was ready.
I've downloaded the update but had to order at 32gb USB stick to upload to the car.