Sync software update !!!

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Has anyone who's had updates installed at the dealers had any charges??
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Sparks wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:18 pm Has anyone who's had updates installed at the dealers had any charges??
No charge. Ford picks up the tab in year 1. I believe it's years 2 onwards that is at the dealers expense.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Wdf76 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:24 pm
Sparks wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:18 pm Has anyone who's had updates installed at the dealers had any charges??
No charge. Ford picks up the tab in year 1. I believe it's years 2 onwards that is at the dealers expense.
Thanks, thought that was the case, but, as it's going in tomorrow, thought I'd check... ;)
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

Any idea how long it takes for a dealer to update the TCU software? I have a sit & wait appointment.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

FirstFord1972 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:03 pm Any idea how long it takes for a dealer to update the TCU software? I have a sit & wait appointment.
Mines been in from 0930 this morning, got a call at 4.30 to pick it up at 5.00......Probably took that long because I didn't wait and they did all those who had owners waiting first... :lol: ;)
Tech had gone home so couldn't question him and service receptionist less than useless (though pleasant) so, I'll give it a good test tomorrow while it's doing the map update...
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

TCU took bought an hour from memory
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

All done including the map update. All seems to be working well, no problems with missed speed limits and the lane keeping system was working properly.
No comeback on the door moulding inspection, whatever they were looking for.
So, fingers crossed, that's everything done and working except the Surround Sound debacle, but, I've got to the stage with that where I don't really think it's going to make any difference to my life. Therefore, I am probably going to wait until I get another one in a couple of years, unless there is a proper recall for the fix.... :D
robgee

Post by robgee »

Glad your all sorted , as many people have said the surround sound option doesn't make that much difference in the Pumas
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Thanks.
Software is going to be an ongoing problem for modern cars, there must be some protection from dealers using updates as another income stream. Or, the manufacturers should be forced to put the updates online, easily accessible and easily installed.
It annoys me intensely that before they start fixing a car they charge to plug in a laptop to diagnose a problem, this is only going to get worse unless something is done.
robgee

Post by robgee »

Software will evolve and eventually they will work out the updating over the air situation.

I would be interested how the TESLA range handles stuff like updates etc as they seem to be ahead in the game
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)