Parcel Shelf Hooks Snapped

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
scottl1

Post by scottl1 »

Did anyone managed to get this sorted with the dealer? Or is it easy enough to replace? I'm having a problem trying to find the right part to replace it myself

pb-fr

Post by pb-fr »

scottl1 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:05 pm Did anyone managed to get this sorted with the dealer? Or is it easy enough to replace? I'm having a problem trying to find the right part to replace it myself
Same question here! I snapped both tailgate hooks this morning - the ones that act as pivot points on the boot lid itself. Looks like they ought to be parts that can be clipped out of the window trim easily enough - or am I being overly optimistic?
Yokomoko

Post by Yokomoko »

scottl1 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:05 pm Did anyone managed to get this sorted with the dealer? Or is it easy enough to replace? I'm having a problem trying to find the right part to replace it myself
People seem to have this issue a lot on fb groups. Most people seemed to have resorted to epoxy resin sticking it back on, making it sturdier than it was before (not difficult, by the looks of it). Not great for a brand new car though.

I've had a few things go wrong with my ford's over the years, usually a few weeks before I hand them back/part exchange them, bit of blutac and voila lol.
2020 Puma ST Performance

Mean Green - Driver Assistance Pack - Panoramic Sunroof - Powerlift Tailgate - Performance Pack
scottl1

Post by scottl1 »

Yokomoko wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:17 pm
People seem to have this issue a lot on fb groups. Most people seemed to have resorted to epoxy resin sticking it back on, making it sturdier than it was before (not difficult, by the looks of it). Not great for a brand new car though.

I've had a few things go wrong with my ford's over the years, usually a few weeks before I hand them back/part exchange them, bit of blutac and voila lol.
that's the problem, I don't have the hook otherwise I would just be trying to stick it back on myself. Unfortunately, it snapped off and we couldn't find it so was hoping to replace it.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Yokomoko wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:17 pm I've had a few things go wrong with my ford's over the years, usually a few weeks before I hand them back/part exchange them, bit of blutac and voila lol.
Ha haaa🤣🤣. Et voila.....

I actually crashed my ST on the day I was trading. But that's another story.

I'm sure those side flappy shelf clips are part of the whole side trim of the tailgate. If this is happening more and more they need a re-design.
robgee

Post by robgee »

Maybe raise it with Ford CRC and see what they say. Sometimes is seems that the more issues are reported they finally take notice. Or hope they are reading the forums 😉
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Hutchy31

Post by Hutchy31 »

Snapped mine too power boot lid came down n boot was full.
Both snapped
After much searching you can get the hook from Ford
Part no 2507784 & 2507786 I’m being told @ £16.50 each. Bloody expensive I’d say.
The are not a snap in fitting, they are fixed with a screw from behind. So boot facia to remove.
Hench I’m going to give black silicone a try first.
Bad design by Ford
Puma ST line X. 155bhp,1st edition desert island blue. :roll:
Iainrr55

Post by Iainrr55 »

Gorilla glued mine, worked fine!
Titanium First Edition 125 -> 155 mhev
----- Lucid Red ------
paulv

Post by paulv »

my plan is to socially distance from these hooks as much as possible, because I know that the first time I try and do anything with them will be a disaster. and any quick fix will just result in me covering the car in glue, silicon, or expanding foam (thats another story...)
if I have to carry anything big I'll use the wifes car :)
hope you all get sorted with your fixes, and its good to know from peoples investigations that its possible to get replacements
FORD PUMA ST-LINE X VIGNALE 1.0L ECOBOOST 125PS 7 SPEED AUTOMATIC - LUCID RED
long name... nice car :D
Snowyjay

Post by Snowyjay »

Just happened to me this morning. Didn't pull on it at all. The parcel shelf unclipped so I popped it back in. Now the hook has snapped off. Just half the hook so the shelf won't clip back. I'll pop into ford this week. Hopefully they can help. Only had the car 2 month.
Puma St Line X