Active Park Assist

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
dave t

Post by dave t »

Does anyone know if the Automatic version of the Puma will have Active Park Assist 2 included in the Driver Assistance Pack? Or will it be the standard Active Park Assist? The sales person didn't know. Thanks.
Dave
Dave T
Solar Silver Titanium Automatic.

Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

dave t wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:34 pm Does anyone know if the Automatic version of the Puma will have Active Park Assist 2 included in the Driver Assistance Pack? Or will it be the standard Active Park Assist? The sales person didn't know. Thanks.
Dave

What makes you think that this would be available on the Automatic in the UK? The standard active park assist is available. I have had this for at least 8 years and have only used it about three times! It’s quicker to park yourself. The front parking sensors are the thing that makes life easier.
Deleted User 229

Pictures of the interior are rarer than Norwich City goals. The only one that I have seen has a standard chunky PRNDS lever selector. For the new Park Assist I would have thought that a simple rotary switch would be required, but I’m only guessing.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

I've used it on the puma once to reverse into a space at the supermarket. What a faff.... Shunt fotrwrd, shunt backwards about 4 times to get exactly in-between the lines. I lost the will to live.

Not tried a parallel yet. Probably never will. Knowing my luck it would kerb an alloy...
dave t

Post by dave t »

FirstFord1972 wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:16 pm
dave t wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:34 pm Does anyone know if the Automatic version of the Puma will have Active Park Assist 2 included in the Driver Assistance Pack? Or will it be the standard Active Park Assist? The sales person didn't know. Thanks.
Dave

What makes you think that this would be available on the Automatic in the UK? The standard active park assist is available. I have had this for at least 8 years and have only used it about three times! It’s quicker to park yourself. The front parking sensors are the thing that makes life easier.
I think that the latest Focus and Kuga automatic versions have Active Park Assist 2, so I thought I would ask the question.
Dave T
Solar Silver Titanium Automatic.
Deleted User 229

I’ll let you know once the car gets delivered :D If you have a look at the new Kuga Automatic you will see that it has a small rotary switch.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

FirstFord1972 wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:19 pm I’ll let you know once the car gets delivered :D If you have a look at the new Kuga Automatic you will see that it has a small rotary switch.
That's just shift by wire for the 8 speed torque converter. Puma dct gets analogue lever and cable, a step backwards.....
veng92

Post by veng92 »

I don't see the point of it unless the driver is VERY bad at parking. Would be a bit more useful in an automatic where it did the accel/braking too, but legislation makes a lot of the fully automated driving features tricky to bring out in the UK.
Ford Puma ST-Line X 1st Ed
Desert Blue
excooperS

Post by excooperS »

Have used Park Assist, both modes, quite a bit after practising in a semi-deserted car park/road and find it really useful - it has improved my parking no end. Had no issues with kerbing the alloys. Agree some patience is required, not a good idea if there’s lots of traffic about.
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

I had it on my focus titanium x until last year ,was awesome,used it all the time until it got written off last year,got a fiesta titanium b and o play edition without it at the moment,looking for a puma with a power tailgate,comfort pack and park assist,its impossible to find,my fiesta titanium b and o play edition has adaptive cruise control,comfort pack,privacy glass ,panoramic roof,power windows all round,style pack,cd player10 speaker sound system with booted mounted sub,trying to find a puma with all that stuff is proving impossible