Headlamp panel alignment

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Jiipee

Post by Jiipee »

ejp26 wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:57 pm
Spearmint wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:15 pm Headlamps sitting uneven in alignment with the bonnet, driver’s side higher than passenger side, but bonnet, wings and front all aligned correctly. Are the headlamps supposed to sit proud of the bodywork or all be smooth?
Just been out washing mine (bloomin' raining now!) and if I'm hypercritical mine is very slightly like yours....the headlamp sits proud by a couple of millimetres to the bonnet on the driver's side. Probably wouldn't have noticed otherwise. The Puma is the first brand new car I've had for around 40 years , so I'm not used to casting a very critical eye over a car.
Mayhaps it should be like that since the lamps are aligned differently to get the correct kind of light pattern.

Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

PaulD wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:37 pm
Spearmint wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:55 am No, I’m really happy with the sub-standard build quality and faults appearing on a brand new car.
You don,t have to react like that ..... I just asked a normal question.
And the with build quality of my Puma is nothing wrong ,maybe you have bad luck with yours or your standards are too high
For a midrange car 😳
Does it bother me?

Well, didn’t till someone else on Facebook highlighted it. That’s why I’m asking if anyone else had this issue. It’s a £28k car, not just mine with assembly issues. Various others on the group have also highlighted quality control issues with misaligned bonnets, bulging door seals, headlamp fittings, GPS aerial covers, buzzing door panels, etc. Apart from a 1993 Mondeo with carbon deposits on the valve seats, the only other time I’ve had an issue was a Ford Cougar with a LHD headlamp fitted instead of a RHD one. So two Mondeos, one Fiesta, one Cougar, one Focus, one Grand C-Max, one Kuga, no issues. Then the Puma. First car in 27 years that’s gone back for quality control. And the scuttle trim. Ill fitting on both sides and doesn’t compare to models seen in the show room.

Why should I lower my standards? Not as if the dealer will oblige me by saying they’ll exchange it for one that was built better.

Where there are gaps and ill fitting parts, it allows the accumulation of dirt and debris that has the potential to be inaccessible, which it turn could lead to early and unnecessary corrosion.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Jiipee wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:09 pm
Mayhaps it should be like that since the lamps are aligned differently to get the correct kind of light pattern.
But you can switch light patterns when driving abroad for right side running.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Spearmint wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:22 pm

Don't think you can with Puma. I haven't seen that option in settings. My Fiesta with l.e.d headlights did.
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

Spearmint wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:14 pm
PaulD wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:37 pm
Spearmint wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:55 am No, I’m really happy with the sub-standard build quality and faults appearing on a brand new car.
You don,t have to react like that ..... I just asked a normal question.
And the with build quality of my Puma is nothing wrong ,maybe you have bad luck with yours or your standards are too high
For a midrange car 😳
Does it bother me?

Well, didn’t till someone else on Facebook highlighted it. That’s why I’m asking if anyone else had this issue. It’s a £28k car, not just mine with assembly issues. Various others on the group have also highlighted quality control issues with misaligned bonnets, bulging door seals, headlamp fittings, GPS aerial covers, buzzing door panels, etc. Apart from a 1993 Mondeo with carbon deposits on the valve seats, the only other time I’ve had an issue was a Ford Cougar with a LHD headlamp fitted instead of a RHD one. So two Mondeos, one Fiesta, one Cougar, one Focus, one Grand C-Max, one Kuga, no issues. Then the Puma. First car in 27 years that’s gone back for quality control. And the scuttle trim. Ill fitting on both sides and doesn’t compare to models seen in the show room.

Why should I lower my standards? Not as if the dealer will oblige me by saying they’ll exchange it for one that was built better.

Where there are gaps and ill fitting parts, it allows the accumulation of dirt and debris that has the potential to be inaccessible, which it turn could lead to early and unnecessary corrosion.
I hope you feel better now 👍
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....
zoo

Post by zoo »

It appears that the building quality is not great and this is an issue of what its problems will be in the near future. I wonder if the problem arises due to the factory is being built (Craiova).

How's the fiesta and focus building quality like?

Out of curiosity, how are you sure that the headlight is the problem and not the bonnet?
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Speaking of bonnets, what sort of gap do you have along the front edge ? ?
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
Iain C

Post by Iain C »

I’ve just checked and both sides seem to be the same to me, certainly nothing as obvious as the photos posted
Ford Puma Titanium First Edition mhev 125 - Grey Matter
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Wdf76 wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:24 pm
Spearmint wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:22 pm

Don't think you can with Puma. I haven't seen that option in settings. My Fiesta with l.e.d headlights did.
Nope, just checked. Assumed you could given the type of lights. Kuga allows it
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

This setting could be linked to the GPS now. Car knows where you are and aims the beam accordingly.