SYNC screen fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
dartiss

Post by dartiss »

Had a fault with the touchscreen yesterday, which was just... weird.

I'd been for my first long drive in the car, to visit my mum, who I'd not seen before lockdown. All was fine, and I used the SatNav and radio with total success during the journey. An hour or so after I got there, my mum asked to see my car so I gave her a quick tour. At first all was fine but after opening the boot, I noticed the SYNC screen was flashing white. I turned everything off, switched it back on but it was the same - the screen was flashing white with some out-of-focus lettering on it which seemed to respond to SatNav locations. The touch screen wasn't responding to anything, either.

I wondered what would happen if I connect my phone up to it - would it burst into life and show CarPlay? Nope, now it went just black. I disconnected and it remained blank. All this time the radio happily played and the volume controls worked just fine.

At this point, I assumed this was going to end up back at the dealer.

I returned back to my mum's house for a bit but when I came out later... it worked normally and has continued to do since.

Has anybody else seen anything like this? If it occurs again, any suggestions for anything to try?
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155PS (+factory fit extras) in Fantastic Red

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

You could pull the correct fuse perhaps. Like a hard reset.
robgee

Post by robgee »

You could always try a soft reset , press the Volume / Power button and the next track button together for at least 5 seconds and it should reboot the Sync system
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

robgee wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:05 pm You could always try a soft reset , press the Volume / Power button and the next track button together for at least 5 seconds and it should reboot the Sync system
Better plan than mine I think. 😀
robgee

Post by robgee »

Wdf76 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:40 pm
robgee wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:05 pm You could always try a soft reset , press the Volume / Power button and the next track button together for at least 5 seconds and it should reboot the Sync system
Better plan than mine I think. 😀
I had to find out the hard way :lol:
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)