How do you set doors to auto lock after you drive off

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Gazzart

Post by Gazzart »

Hello All (Puma ST-Line X) FE 155
Has anyone managed to work out how to set the doors to lock after you drive off, I’ve tried setting auto-lock, auto-unlock etc neither seem to work ? (Manual doesn’t make sense in the description either....) Manual says auto locks after 12mph etc ... ive tried all configurations with ignition/engine on but can’t seem to get it to do It... stumped ...
Puma ST-Line X
155 First Edition
Magnetic

Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

I believe the autolock is disabled in UK. You might be able to switch on with Forscan.

I've had no luck with the auto unlock function either.
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
Gazzart

Post by Gazzart »

Steve @stevep999, thanks for your reply, can you explain what the forscan is ?
Puma ST-Line X
155 First Edition
Magnetic
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Its piece of software that allows you to interact and reprogram ECU. I believe you can activate things that are currently disabled. If you google it you'll find results.

I believe EU regulations scuppered it in, IIRC. 2015
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
Gasman

Post by Gasman »

Took my puma ST Line x first edition in to the dealers today for them to look at various faults including auto lock function as I could not find it on the menu. The technician that was carrying out the works told me that it is not fitted to my model, only fitted to top Spec model.
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Curious what issues you’ve had.

As for auto lock, not available on any model, irrespective of spec, technician spinning you a yarn
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Gasman

Post by Gasman »

Having issues with speed sign recognition system. Only works now and again.
When my wife drives the car and moves the seat closer to the steering wheel she can see nothing in the near side wing mirror. The dealer looked at the mirror and said it moves the same as the drivers side and that it has been tested by ford when designed so that’s as good as it gets. And the auto door lock issue. Bought the puma to replace a Vauxhall grandland I bought 2 years ago and had nothing but trouble with it, seems this car Is no better””
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

No good having it move the same as the driver’s side, you’d have to be sitting in the passenger seat to have the same viewing angle. It’s a frequently mentioned design fault for those who are of a certain height.

As for sign recognition, as you may have seen in other threads in this forum, there is a module update, I’ve had it done, feel free to quote me on it.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Gasman

Post by Gasman »

Got the feeling they didn’t want to do anything to try to rectify the problems.
Might try another dealer.
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Sent an inbox message
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic